Question All browsers constantly crashing

Oct 21, 2020
I've encountered browser problems for a long time now ( somewhere around a month). Every time I would try and load any browser it would crash almost immediately. I would have to hit reload a bunch of times only for it to function for a few seconds and crash again. I've tried every solution possible such as updating the browser and using malware scanners. I even factory reset my pc and the problem is still ongoing. I also have problems such as pages not loading correctly when I refresh or do a search(words on top of words). As for Chrome, I encountered many white screens after typing in URLs. Everything else is fine on my computer except for all browsers. All games I have runs perfectly fine as it did four years ago. I tried taking out the graphics card to see if it would fix anything, it didn't. I tried switching internet adapters but that didn't make a difference. I bought another stick of ram and replaced my current one. It made no difference. However, I did see a difference when I put the new ram with the old one. The browsers started to crash less and I was able to kind of useful websites such as Youtube, but not for long. A few days later, it went back to how it was before I added the additional ram. Now I'm suspecting the motherboard to have issues but I'm not entirely sure.

Ram: 16gb
CPU: Intel i5 - 7500
GPU : GTX 1060 3gb
drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb(143 out of 231gb) and 500gb (465gb out of 465gb)
browsers I've tried: Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Chromium, Microsoft Edge
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 , ~4years, condition is still good

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

List all of the installed browsers.

Look in Window's Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the browser crashes.

You can do the same in Event Viewer but that is not as user friendly.....

Click for technical details as available.