[SOLVED] All components running at max, computer still lags?

Jan 10, 2020
Hello!
I recently purchased a Radeon RX590, figured I would pop it in and upgrade my custom rig. And now everything lags, before I used a Sapphire R9 series and all games had bad graphics but it wasnt as laggy. Now the game will randomly freeze and I am unable to speak in Discord whilst playing something like CoD:Modern Warfare (2019). I've tried to run diagnostics like MSI Afterburner and AMDs Radeon Software. And what I've managed to figure out with limited knowledge is that everything in my computer is running at max. Is it supposed to do that? And if so, why am I having a worse gaming experience than before? I'll be super grateful for all tips.
Specs; Asus Z87-K
Intel Core i5-4670K
AMD RX 590
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 C10 2x4GB
Corsair 600w

Solution
Ye it is running at 100% could causing the minor stuttering I experience? What cpu would you recommend? If I where to continue to upgrade is the motherboard decent for this?
There is little upgrade options with your current setup. There is the 4770/4770k/4790/4790k but they are generally overpriced and offer marginal improvement. At this point you are looking at a new platform for material improvements which means a new cpu, motherboard & RAM.
Jan 10, 2020
Start by using DDU (display Driver Uninstaller) and remove all Nvidia/AMD drivers from your PC before installing the latest again. You will need to be in safe mode to properly do this with DDU.

Report back if that helped.

I've tried it once but will definitely try it again. You dont see any obvoius bottlenecks in the build?

Jan 10, 2020
I did a DDU sweep again and reinstalled the drivers. That did not have any obvious effects, but when I disabled all "performance" enhancers I experience a much better performance. So that did the trick! Thank you! I still however experience some minor stutter and was wondering if perhaps I would benefit from installing some more RAM? Is it possible to combine the ram I have with some more? I'm thinking of buying DDR4, would that have an effect?

Jan 10, 2020
A quad core/thread cpu is not going to give a good experience in COD MW. Just monitor your cpu usage while in game and you will see.
Ye it is running at 100% could causing the minor stuttering I experience? What cpu would you recommend? If I where to continue to upgrade is the motherboard decent for this?

There is little upgrade options with your current setup. There is the 4770/4770k/4790/4790k but they are generally overpriced and offer marginal improvement. At this point you are looking at a new platform for material improvements which means a new cpu, motherboard & RAM.

Solution
Agreed, if you could find an i7 it may be worth while but I wouldnt pay more then 80 USD for one. It may be bettter to just save up for a new CPU, Mobo, RAM build. Ryzen 2600s are on sale for 115USD on Newegg, and you can find a B450 mobo for 50-70, and then about the same for 16GB of RAM.

Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for the tips! I do seem to have more issues however. My computer seems to be unable to handle playing Minecraft and speak with friends on Discord. So the lag I experience seem to be connected to using graphics? I had AMD Performance running in the background and captured this; AMD Performance . On Discord I get lag and am unable to speak whilst playing. It as if I get bad internet. What can be the cause of this? A poor psu?