[SOLVED] All data gone after unplug and plug in

Mar 7, 2021
Hello all,

So i wanted to do some cable management in my pc so i unplugged everything and redo all the cables.
I then turn on my PC to find out my 4TB drive has been relabelled to 1TB (Another Drive) and all my data has vanished.
Also on startup it stated that the 4TB drive is being repaired. 'press any key to cancel repair 7 seconds) Something along the lines of that

Can anyone please explain this and is there any way i can get my games back without redownloading them all?
This 4TB drive isn't even 1 month old

Solution
So - all your secondary drives are empty now ( D : , E: and F: ).
And there was some data on 4TB drive. How much?

You probably have fast boot enabled in BIOS.
This should be disabled, if you intend to move your internal drives around (to a different pc or to a different sata port on same pc).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the 4TB drive is all games, then you should take the time to redownload them. If the drive held memories, you could try using a recovery app like Recuva but your mileage can and will vary. Out of curiosity, have you tried reconnecting the afflicted drive to a donor system with either the SATA ports or a dock?

This should be disabled, if you intend to move your internal drives around (to a different pc or to a different sata port on same pc).

Solution
Mar 7, 2021

I had 600GB of games thats all on D:

Fast boot was enabled and i probably put the sata cables in the opposite ports as to what it use to be.
^So could this of caused my data loss

Fast boot was enabled and i probably put the sata cables in the opposite ports as to what it use to be.
^So could this of caused my data loss
Yes. Most likely.

You could probably recover some of data from your drive with appropriate data recovery software.
Try getdataback. Demo allows checking, if anything can be recovered. Full version is not free though.

https://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

Mar 7, 2021
Yes. Most likely.

You could probably recover some of data from your drive with appropriate data recovery software.
Try getdataback. Demo allows checking, if anything can be recovered. Full version is not free though.

https://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm
wow, i never knew. I've never experienced something like this

So next time if i ever want to unplug drives and put them into other ports, i should disable fast boot