All data lost after restarting computer HELP!

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
I launched my computer and was having some lag issues for I decided to restart it only moments after I turned it on. When it came back on I got the message Cant log you in..... then it put me in a TEMP profile. This has happened before so like normal I edited the registry to change the to my profile path. After that I logged in and windows said, Hold on while we prepare your computer as if I was logging in for the first time. So now I am logged in under my username but with 0 data. Can anyone help me out or is everything gone?

Solution
You should always back up your data. You should not wait until a situation like this to formulate a nack up plan. One must have an active back up plan and stick to it.

But no, you will not lose everything, you have two separate drives. The only thing that you will lose is the most recent data that you have not yet backed up.
How many drives do you have? How many partitions? It sounds like you need to do a clean install because you messed with your registry. You DO NOT need to mess with your registry just because you created a new user. Since this has happened to you before then it sounds like your system is corrupt.

Remember to back up your data to an external storage daily or weekly.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017

I have a C:/ and a D:/ drive. only partitions I have is whatever windows created upon install. I made a new profile and adjusted my locations of desktop, documents and so on to the old locations but it still not my profile, my background is missing and a lot more like chrome extensions. Was wondering if i can get my profile back?

You should always back up your data. You should not wait until a situation like this to formulate a nack up plan. One must have an active back up plan and stick to it.

But no, you will not lose everything, you have two separate drives. The only thing that you will lose is the most recent data that you have not yet backed up.

Solution