ALL downloaded files are CORRUPTED???

style69

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
hello.

Just reformatted my system and every game that i download ...when i open it it says file corrupted ....possible file transfer error.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

style69

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Actaully.....i was the one who posted th last post too.....but it was a bit different.

I had this problem before too......whenever i open a WINRAR file and run the setup for a game.....it says file corrupt....problem with the MSI package (msi as in Microsoft installer i thnk)

what do u think here man?

It's possible the files you are downloading are corrupt to begin with... that happens a lot with peer-to-peer downloading. Also, there could be an issue with you ISP; I know that a long time ago, it would often take multiple attempts to download almost any file, because the download would start and then almost immediately I'd get the message that the download was complete. Obviously, a 5MB file doesn't download within one minute on dial-up. You might be having a similar issue.

style69

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Well i thought everything was all good until.......which ever game i download from www.gamershell.com ...the file is corrupt. Winrar/windows unzip will not extract it.

This has happened to me before too.....i dunno how i fixed it last time.?

Any idea?