All downloads are slow

ECKBECK

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Alright so all downloads are slow now first it was my mac then my laptop (an hp laptop) my laptop was fine a week ago suddenly its downloads are slow now even after i have restarted the laptop or the router all downloads are slow on chrome, internet explorer, and even games like league of legends but what's weird is that the ping is fine and Youtube videos or any video load just fine , any answer for this? because it's really annoying (need to download updates for league of legends =/ even if you say the community is toxic xD ) oh and im on windows 7

You should probably go to your control panel in windows of each computer you have
Select device manager.

Find your network adapters and check the settings of them.
You did not mention if you were using wireless on both systems.
If you are then it may be likely to to with your router if wireless.

If you have an option in the routers settings page.
See what the speed of your router is broadcasting at. along with what the wi-fi adapters on both computers to what the maximum speed they can each run at.

If the router is set to broadcast at a higher rate than both adapters lower its speed value.
Also change it`s broadcast channel number as you may have a cross over of signal for example if a neighbor has a wirless network setup near you.
Sometimes the fact that a neighbor is running on the same wireless CH no will cause a slowdown in your connection if on wi-fi.
For example a neighbor may of set a new wireless network up over the last few days.
And it could be causing you problems.

ECKBECK

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014

uhm actually it got fixed by closing the pc for over 2 hours it just needed to rest, don't know about the macbook though