[SOLVED] All ezdebug LEDs turn red but after a second my PC boots and they go off

Oct 4, 2020
I have faced this issue after a fails boot attempt caused by under volting my CPU. I'm really worried, I have a b550 tomahawk.

Solution
Okay so, when I say cycling I mean that first my CPU led is red then it turns off and dram turns on then that turns off and VGA turns on and then finally the boot led turns on after which windows loads. Also I'm sure my ram works because before I tried to undervolt I faced no issues. It's gskill ddr4 3200 paired with the b550 tomahawk from MSI

Yeah that's just checking every component as it should... that's normal behaviour(for reference I have a B450 Tomahawk and the ez debug LEDs have the same behaviour as yours).

It's going through every component, checking it, and moves past if it's okay... it's normal. You would have a problem if it would get stuck on 1 of the LEDs.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I guess they are red till they are proven to be OK. Then they switch off.
Having a failed boot won't do any damage. It'll just stop you using the PC till you work out the cause.
You know the cause. And the led lights aren't red.

You're good to go.

Oct 4, 2020
I guess they are red till they are proven to be OK. Then they switch off.
Having a failed boot won't do any damage. It'll just stop you using the PC till you work out the cause.
You know the cause. And the led lights aren't red.

You're good to go.
But before what happened, it would just blink the red boot led and it would be A okay but now it's cycling thru the bloody LEDs so something must not be copacetic right, I'm no expert just thinking logically, do u think maybe a bios update would fix the issue?

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
OK. It's cycling. If it's cycling all leds then you have problems with CPU, RAM and/or GPU.

Usually it cycles as it does "ram training" - it doesn't like your ram. So it will change timings and try again.

Is your ram listed on your motherboard memory QVL?

Oct 4, 2020
Okay so, when I say cycling I mean that first my CPU led is red then it turns off and dram turns on then that turns off and VGA turns on and then finally the boot led turns on after which windows loads. Also I'm sure my ram works because before I tried to undervolt I faced no issues. It's gskill ddr4 3200 paired with the b550 tomahawk from MSI

Yeah that's just checking every component as it should... that's normal behaviour(for reference I have a B450 Tomahawk and the ez debug LEDs have the same behaviour as yours).

It's going through every component, checking it, and moves past if it's okay... it's normal. You would have a problem if it would get stuck on 1 of the LEDs.

Solution