[SOLVED] All fans are at 100% speed

Dreadbell101

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Hi all, I've been trying to find a software for an automatic adjustment depending on what load the computer is working on. I've tried a few options in the BIOS, but nothing seems to work... Its like an airplane taking off!!

Any help would be so highly appreciated!!

Solution
Hi all, I've been trying to find a software for an automatic adjustment depending on what load the computer is working on. I've tried a few options in the BIOS, but nothing seems to work... Its like an airplane taking off!!

Fan speed is adjusted by temperature not load. For that to work they have to be plugged in appropriate controller be it on MB or separate one.

Fan speed is adjusted by temperature not load. For that to work they have to be plugged in appropriate controller be it on MB or separate one.

Reactions: Dreadbell101
Solution

Dreadbell101

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Sorry, thats what I meant. I'm looking for software that will adjust the speed of the fans when gaming. The fans are flat out when I'm not even doing anything, no browsers open... nothing... apart from background apps etc

Sorry, thats what I meant. I'm looking for software that will adjust the speed of the fans when gaming. The fans are flat out when I'm not even doing anything, no browsers open... nothing... apart from background apps etc
Time to say which MB, which fans are you referring to and where are they plugged in. Fan speed versus temps is usually a job for BIOS, not SW unless you have a separate fan controller.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
CountMike is right. But there are also other factors to get it to work. Those depend on what your mobo can do, and on what type or fans you have. So that we can look up their details and give you exact advice, tell us for BOTH your mobo and your fan(s), PLUS for whatever CPU chip cooler system you have:
Maker
Exact Model Number

Also tell us exactly where each fan is connected. If it's on a header of the mobo, tell us which one(s).

IF you cannot get the model number from the fan(s), at least tell us this. Look at the wires from the fan motor out to its connector on the end. There may be THREE wires with 3 holes in the connector, or FOUR wires and holes. There are also a few less conmmon systems, so if it's not one of those, describe as best you can.

Dreadbell101

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Hey all, sorry for the delay in reply!! I have all the fans nearly set up and happy enough at this stage with them. But another problem has arisen, off RPM speed for the AIO pump. Have a look at the new thread I started. Cheers and beers for the help, btw! :)
Forum link