[SOLVED] All fans go to full blast and screen goes black.

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
Sometimes, when there is some sort of physical movement on the computer, like if I slightly shake the desk, or if I take the side panel off to forcefully, all the fans go to full blast, and all screens go black. What could be the problem?

Solution
I would suspect a loose power connection or a short.

Existing, previously working computer or new build?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

= = = =

Start with checking all exterior power cables, outlets, and connecting cables to other devices (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. as applicable.

Gently wiggle and twist to determine if any of those cables cause the fans to blast or the screens to go black.

However, the problem could be inside the computer.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to...

Ralston18

Titan

= = = =

Start with checking all exterior power cables, outlets, and connecting cables to other devices (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. as applicable.

Gently wiggle and twist to determine if any of those cables cause the fans to blast or the screens to go black.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, pinched/kinked cables, melted insulation, blackened or browned components, swollen components.

Solution

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019

= = = =

Use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, pinched/kinked cables, melted insulation, blackened or browned components, swollen components.
Thanks, that solved it. I checked and one of the GPU power cables wasn't fully plugged in. I put it in and now it seems to be fixed. Thanks!