[SOLVED] All fans run at full sped after cpu upgrade

Jan 23, 2021
I upgraded from pentium g4560 to i5 6500 and all fans are runing at full speed but the temeratures are normal. I tried to change it in bios but it doesnt help, than i switched back to pentium and fans were runing fine. Is there something wrong with the cpu? Motherboard i use is msi b250 pc mate.

Solution
I suspect that, in the upgrade process, your BIOS was Reset. I also suspect that your fans MAY all be of the 3-pin design. I suggest that you re-install the new CPU, then go into BIOS Setup for the four SYS_FAN headers. You need to do this for all case fan headers you are using. See your mobo manual, p. 62. Check two items and set:
  1. At Upper left, IF your fans are 3-pin, set to DC. IF they are 4-pin, set to PWM
  2. Near bottom right, choose the option All Set Default.

Back out using Esc and be sure to SAVE and EXIT. That may get them under control.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect that, in the upgrade process, your BIOS was Reset. I also suspect that your fans MAY all be of the 3-pin design. I suggest that you re-install the new CPU, then go into BIOS Setup for the four SYS_FAN headers. You need to do this for all case fan headers you are using. See your mobo manual, p. 62. Check two items and set:
  1. At Upper left, IF your fans are 3-pin, set to DC. IF they are 4-pin, set to PWM
  2. Near bottom right, choose the option All Set Default.

Back out using Esc and be sure to SAVE and EXIT. That may get them under control.

Solution