[SOLVED] All Fans spin no display?

gio_2_

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Asus PQ5L Pro, Core 2 Duo 7500?, GT 640 and CX 430. The LED on Mobo is green, all the fans spin, tried replacing memory still no signal through DVI. Almost certain monitor works through DVI what could be wrong?

Solution
Since that motherboard has no graphics output we can rule out the monitor being plugged into the wrong place.

I'd take it all back apart and check for bent pins on the motherboard. Also, check both ends of the display cable to verify there are no bent pins there either.

Make certain the RAM is fully seated AND is in the correct slots as per the motherboard population rules. For your board that would be A1 and B1, which are the two yellow slots, if you have two sticks of memory. It should be in slot B1 which is the yellow slot that is the furthest away from the CPU if you have only one memory module/DIMM.

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your CPU, and you need to double check this, because I see NOTHING that resembles the model...
Since that motherboard has no graphics output we can rule out the monitor being plugged into the wrong place.

I'd take it all back apart and check for bent pins on the motherboard. Also, check both ends of the display cable to verify there are no bent pins there either.

Make certain the RAM is fully seated AND is in the correct slots as per the motherboard population rules. For your board that would be A1 and B1, which are the two yellow slots, if you have two sticks of memory. It should be in slot B1 which is the yellow slot that is the furthest away from the CPU if you have only one memory module/DIMM.

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your CPU, and you need to double check this, because I see NOTHING that resembles the model number you posted on the CPU support list for that motherboard.

Solution

gio_2_

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Also, what is the EXACT model number of your CPU, and you need to double check this, because I see NOTHING that resembles the model number you posted on the CPU support list for that motherboard.

Tried with a different system but the same GPU same problem, I'm think it could be the GPU or the monitor just being an arse.

TRENDING THREADS