[SOLVED] All fans spin normally, no beeps no display, psu fan not spinning

Apr 16, 2022
Hi guys

I recently spilled water like a retard on my pc but thankfully it was off
I did turn off and unplug the power supply when it got wet

I waited a few hours before thinking there wasn't that much done

I then turned on my pc and nothing happened, no fans spinning, no beeps

I waited 2 days or more to try turning it on again

I turned on my power supply and not my pc and then my fans started spinning not fast not slow, but normally, I got no beeps and no display

I tried turning it off with my power button and nothing seemed to happened
The power supply fans do not spin at all so I don't know what is happening as I'm a noob at this

I checked all the cables and I reinstalled the ones to turn on the pc to make sure that wasn't the problem but it still did not work and turned on immediately after I turn on the power supply

I cleared my cmos and I did everything possible to get something to show up on my monitor, nothing worked I even tried changing to display port to see but nothing, just nothing

I called my friend which knows how to handle these types of problems, he told me that the motherboard was bad and that I needed a replacement, he is not in the country for now and simply guessed what was wrong from what I have shown him

I watched some more forums about some problems and I've noticed a dead cpu gives the same problems as I have except for the start up

I bought a new motherboard and I can't get a cpu and a power supply as I'm poor and I need to save up some money for it due to my economy

If you know what is causing this please tell me in the comments asap

Thanks

Specs:
Gigabyte b560m ds3h mobo
Gskill 8gb x2 DDR4 RAM
I5 10600KF CPU
Rtx 3070 GPU
Asus TUF 750w PSU

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
That the PSU fan is not spinning makes me think that the PSU is the problem.

How old is that Asus TUF 750 W PSU? History of heavy gaming use?

Do you know anyone who could lend you a PSU to test in your system?

Or, if you have a multi-meter and know how to use it (or know someone who does) you can do some limited testing on the PSU.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. Any voltages out of tolerance mean that the PSU has likely failed in some manner. Remember PSUs provide three different voltages (3, 5, and 12) to varying system components. One voltage may be present and another not present so there can be a light on or a fan spinning.

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...c_e_v1.pdf?v=38824e8be19fe732236f128317697534

Refer to the User Manual to double check all connections and troubleshoot.

= = = =

My suggestion is to power down the computer, unplug, open the case.

Look for signs of damage. Also look for loose connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers. When the water was spilled there also may have been some bump or movement that caused an already loose connection to disconnect.

You cannot and should not open the PSU. But you can carefully sniff it for any lingering odors if something did short out or otherwise self-destruct.

Apr 16, 2022
That the PSU fan is not spinning makes me think that the PSU is the problem.

How old is that Asus TUF 750 W PSU? History of heavy gaming use?

Do you know anyone who could lend you a PSU to test in your system?

Or, if you have a multi-meter and know how to use it (or know someone who does) you can do some limited testing on the PSU.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. Any voltages out of tolerance mean that the PSU has likely failed in some manner. Remember PSUs provide three different voltages (3, 5, and 12) to varying system components. One voltage may be present and another not present so there can be a light on or a fan spinning.

This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...c_e_v1.pdf?v=38824e8be19fe732236f128317697534

Refer to the User Manual to double check all connections and troubleshoot.

= = = =

My suggestion is to power down the computer, unplug, open the case.

Look for signs of damage. Also look for loose connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers. When the water was spilled there also may have been some bump or movement that caused an already loose connection to disconnect.

You cannot and should not open the PSU. But you can carefully sniff it for any lingering odors if something did short out or otherwise self-destruct.
Sorry for the late reply,
the PSU is around 3-4 months old, I had it taken to a repair shop to see it looking different which was probably opened in some sort, the motherboard had some weird green color on some pins that aren't connected to anything, psu was always using less than 700w.
today I tried powering it on to notice nothing is working, to my surprise I dont know how that happened because i did not unplug anything or touch anything since 2 days ago which the fans were spinning

there is no one that can lend me a psu since I dont know anybody besides my friend out of the country

I could try to see if a multi meter will do anything

I pushed all connections into it to make sure none of them disconnected and I'll try to turn on the pc with 1 ram stick once the fans will start spinning again

the psu might have been opened by the repair service

I haven't smelt anything weird, the psu wasn't damaged by the water since it was upside down and barely any water was near it

sadly the repair service didn't tell me about the psu and just said I need to replace the motherboard

my motherboard is the b560m ds3h,
a v2 is basically the same just not the ac version or any other version

everything is assembled correctly and I tried to jumper the pc on 2 days ago but nothing responded which probably means the motherboard is fried and not "asking for power" or it is but the psu is just not sending anything to it

the fans start spinning before I even click the power button or try to jumper it, just goes on it's own

maybe the psu bypassed something on the motherboard?
the water might of damaged the connections from the CPU to the RAM

sometimes I have to hold the power button and if i take it off it stops
then it runs at max speed then stops fully before it starts spinning from the power supply which has no fans spinning

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding "sadly the repair service didn't tell me about the psu and just said I need to replace the motherboard ".

Did the repair shop provide any further explanation? Did they try to sell you a new motherboard or PSU?

All in all if there is green coloring on some motherboard pins that is probably corrosion and affecting conductivity. Did the shop make any attempt to clean the pins and connectors?

There may be other such spots and I would power off, unplug, open the case and do a through inspection using a flashlight and magnifying glass.

The PSU could have been tested by the shop without any need to open the PSU. Most PSUs are not made to be repairable and a reputable shop would/should know that.

(Maybe give it a try only if things are truly desperate. Not a DIY fix by any means and not recommended.)

However, with the PSU being only 3 -4 months old it would seem much more appropriate to just make a warranty claim for a replacement PSU.

Apr 16, 2022
Regarding "sadly the repair service didn't tell me about the psu and just said I need to replace the motherboard ".

Did the repair shop provide any further explanation? Did they try to sell you a new motherboard or PSU?

All in all if there is green coloring on some motherboard pins that is probably corrosion and affecting conductivity. Did the shop make any attempt to clean the pins and connectors?

There may be other such spots and I would power off, unplug, open the case and do a through inspection using a flashlight and magnifying glass.

The PSU could have been tested by the shop without any need to open the PSU. Most PSUs are not made to be repairable and a reputable shop would/should know that.

(Maybe give it a try only if things are truly desperate. Not a DIY fix by any means and not recommended.)

However, with the PSU being only 3 -4 months old it would seem much more appropriate to just make a warranty claim for a replacement PSU.
Thank you for this reply, I'm gonna see what I could do, the shop didn't sell me anything as I told them I wouldnt need it, I know it might of been a bad decision but cant waste too much money

i did not need them to clean anything as I already bought one before taking the old one to the repair shop

they said the psu was fine and it was tested on a few pcs and it was just in idle but I do not hear anything
I do not trust them as they had some bad reviews (around 7 or so) saying something was wrong and they didn't tell before he/they fried his/their components and had to replace his/their pc
is there maybe a way I could test my new motherboard without frying any components incase if the psu is broken/fried like a safe mode?

my motherboard shows no lights so I cant really know what is going on with the components

I do not know if I have a warranty after water damage so it can only be replaceable

I did find some orange light flashing for a second under my motherboard when I turn on the power supply, I've never had that light flash before

maybe it could indicate a spark of some sort?

I will buy both and I will see which one is working

I'll test the new psu, so i could return my new motherboard if the pc works
then the new motherboard on the new psu

I cannot risk frying my components with a opened/"tested" psu

ok so I called the repair shop and they said they did not touch anything but just inspect it for any water damage or if anything was melted, they said everything was fine

Apr 16, 2022
Thank you for this reply, I'm gonna see what I could do, the shop didn't sell me anything as I told them I wouldnt need it, I know it might of been a bad decision but cant waste too much money

i did not need them to clean anything as I already bought one before taking the old one to the repair shop

they said the psu was fine and it was tested on a few pcs and it was just in idle but I do not hear anything
I do not trust them as they had some bad reviews (around 7 or so) saying something was wrong and they didn't tell before he/they fried his/their components and had to replace his/their pc
is there maybe a way I could test my new motherboard without frying any components incase if the psu is broken/fried like a safe mode?

my motherboard shows no lights so I cant really know what is going on with the components

I do not know if I have a warranty after water damage so it can only be replaceable

I did find some orange light flashing for a second under my motherboard when I turn on the power supply, I've never had that light flash before

maybe it could indicate a spark of some sort?

I will buy both and I will see which one is working

I'll test the new psu, so i could return my new motherboard if the pc works
then the new motherboard on the new psu

I cannot risk frying my components with a opened/"tested" psu

ok so I called the repair shop and they said they did not touch anything but just inspect it for any water damage or if anything was melted, they said everything was fine
added new motherboard and psu, everything works