Question All fans turn on after flipping PSU switch on

Oct 26, 2021
Good Morning,

I recently upgraded my graphics card from an ASUS 1070 dual to a EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA, and I noticed that when I turn my computer off my fans stay on. My first thought was that my system was just cooling down, but I came back an hour later and they fans were all still going. I flipped the PSU power switch off and then back on and immediately I noticed the fans came back on again and stayed on.

CASE FAN , GPU FANS, KRAKEN CPU COOLER FANS all on and running.

I have a Corsair RMX 750 and haven't had this problem prior to hooking up my new GPU.

Anyone have any clue what could be causing this or how I could go about fixing the issue?

UPDATE- PC SPECS

PC SPECS:
OS - WIN 10 Pro
PROC - INTEL i7 9900k
MEM - G SKILL TridentZ 32gb (4 x 8gb)
Cooler - NZXT KRAKEN x72 360 mm
PSU - Corsair RMX 750w
MOBO - GIGABYTE z390 Aorus Ultra
M.2 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 250, 500, 1TB
CASE - NZXT H700i Case

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How do you turn the computer off? Do you use the Windows Power icon?

Something is probably not correctly connected. Or it could be that there is a physical problem with a plug or port.

Double check that all cables and connections are correct per the applicable User Guides/Manuals for the motherboard, GPU, PSU, fans, and case.

During the install did you mix and/or match in any power cables from another PSU?

Oct 26, 2021

Something is probably not correctly connected. Or it could be that there is a physical problem with a plug or port.

Double check that all cables and connections are correct per the applicable User Guides/Manuals for the motherboard, GPU, PSU, fans, and case.

During the install did you mix and/or match in any power cables from another PSU?

I go to start menu and power down from windows power icon.

I only used the cables that were included with my Corsair RMX 750 power supply. The only thing that really changed was that I had to add an additional PCEi power cable to power all three plugs on the graphics card. My 1070 only had the one, but the new graphics card now requires three.

Thank you for your recommendations, I will do a tear down today when I get home from work and look at it and see if something wasnt seated correct.

Oct 26, 2021

Ok so I have checked all connections, checked my cables themselves, and the issues is still there.

I have even purchased a new psu and replaced it, that did not work. I have also updated bios and that too did not work. Even changed CMOS battery.

Its weird because I even un plugged everything but the mobo and the per plug that controls my fans and it still turned all my fans on.

Ralston18

Titan
Boot into Safe Mode - does doing so change anything?

That additional PCI-e cable - source?

How many fans? Methodically try disconnecting each fan, one at a time, to determine if the restarts stop.

What I am thinking is that there could be a problem within the connections to any given fan....

Oct 26, 2021
Booting the computer into safe mode the fans run normally.

When I have the computer completely powered down the GPU fan, KRAKEN x72 fans (3), and case fan keep running.

I cut the fan hub's connection to the power supply and my gpu fans still keep spinning; with me flipping my psu to on and not even booting up the pc.

I submitted a ticket to Aorus in hopes they can help me resolve this issue.

TRENDING THREADS