Question All files, documents, pictures, etc. ending in .sspq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
So... I was installing an app, and because it wasn't doing anything whatsoever I closed the installation process in task manager, after that the PC started going really laggy, I checked task manager again and there were a bunch of weird processes, so I started closing them all until Windows told me that an error was encountered and the PC needed to be restarted in one minute, after it restarted all my files were unusable because they all end in .sspq

You have been attacked by Ransomware.

Hope you have a good offline backup of your files.

And, in the future stay away from wonky files and pirated materials.

Jun 17, 2021
pcsafetygeek.com
So your PC got attacked by .Sspq File Virus (which a new strain of Stop/Djvu Ransomware). First of all, I am very sorry for you. Your computer is attacked by a very nasty Ransomware infection. This .sspq is actually the 304th variant of STOP/Djvu Ransomware family.

After the infection, al your files would have got the .sspq extension at the end of their names. such as any file named "1.jpg" will get converted into "1.jpg.sspq" and you are not able to access these encrypted files.

You can also find "_readme.txt" ransom note in every older demanding Ransom money worth $980 USD in Bitcoin. However if you pay within 72 hours, you can get the decryption key only for $490 USD.

DO NOT PAY RANSOM MONEY TO HACKERS

Please do not try to pay contact hackers to buy the decryption key. they will most likely cheat you and don't give you decryption key after getting the money.

TRY TO REMOVE .SSPQ RANSOMWARWE WITH ANTI-MALWARE

you can delete this threat from your computer using a powerful anti-malware application then you can begin the data recover process through alternative means.

RECOVER YOUR FILES THROUGH BACKUP

If you have any backup of your files then you can restore your data after removing the virus. If you don't have any backup then try using a Data Recovery Software.

I hope this help you.

USAFRet

Titan
So... I was installing an app, and because it wasn't doing anything whatsoever I closed the installation process in task manager, after that the PC started going really laggy, I checked task manager again and there were a bunch of weird processes, so I started closing them all until Windows told me that an error was encountered and the PC needed to be restarted in one minute, after it restarted all my files were unusable because they all end in .sspq
This is when you recover from the full drive backups you made before this happened.

Removing the ransomware virus may be possible.
But that is absolutely useless and a waste of time, because all your "files" are still corrupted.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Well... That's a boomer. Somehow the ransomware encrypted files on my secondary HDD, instead of my main HDD, which is appreciated, yet I had quite a few files in the secondary HDD. Crap happens I guess. Not really a big deal.

Btw, is Malwarebytes a good Anti-malware app to get rid of the Ransomware?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS