outcast61

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Every file I download seems to be corrupt, although, files I download from another computer and put on a flash drive and install them from the flash drive work no problems at all. I'm putting this here because this might be relevant to the problem, my AMD display driver crashes every once and a while for no particular reason and WhoCrashed points to atikmdag.sys being the problem (I believe I may have fixed the BSOD through a guide) but nevertheless I would like to find out what is causing this. I've been testing things for three days now, different PSU, same, RAM tests came back okay, CHKDSK came back okay as well as wiping my hard drive and re installing windows, fresh download of all the drivers, latest display drivers, no viruses, and done everything on the "Why do I get the NSIS error list". I'm really stumped guys, and frankly quite pissed off that I keep getting errors. I really need your guys' help please. Could it be the Motherboard, possibly the CPU? Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 6GB/s
AMD A10-5800k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 1600
AsRock FM2A75 PRO4-M
Some cheap PSU that came with the case.

Maybe a firmware update for the router? Bios update for the motherboard? Just a shot in the dark with those, because you seem to have done just about everything and the re-install of Windows will rule out any virus or malware.
Have you virus scanned all your flash drives?

cmasupra

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Are you on wireless or Ethernet? Here are some of the things I thought of:
1) Update your network driver (unless you did that when you reinstalled Windows).
2) Try another network card.
3) If using Ethernet, try plugging the same cable (coming from the same wall jack) into another computer. Maybe one of your Ethernet cables is iffy.

It definitely sounds like it's cable-specific or computer-specific since you said that you can download things from another computer just fine.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I have seen that error before. It ended up being a Trojan installed in the Windows OS, without the latest Windows updates. Do a full virus scan and then install all the Windows updates. Also update both flash and java programs to the latest version.

bobgar

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Same type of problem. I have two identical desktops with Win7 and a laptop with Vista. All are connected to a Vizio router. This router is connected to a Vonage router and Vonage router connected to cable modem. Downloads on the desktops are always corrupt. Down loads on the laptop are not and can be loaded on the desktop. This occurs even when the laptop is connected by ethernet cable so everything is identical except the operating system. Help.
PS System Updates are okay, but not applications. Also, in safe mode files are ok.