All folders set to "Read Only"

ImTotallyTechy

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Even though it only affects the files, all of the folders on my computer are now marked as "read-only". This has caused shit tons of errors when temp files can't be created. Unticking the read-only box does virtually nothing. Help!

Solution

ImTotallyTechy

Reputable
May 30, 2014

Thanks for the info; I'll try to do that when I get home.

What caused it? Recently I did a computer refresh, a system restore, deleted some Adobe references in the Registry due to installer errors, and uninstalled some programs. I am starting to believe that the SSD that my Windows is on is becoming corrupt after just one year... Ive done multiple chkdsk /f and a chkdsk /r to it. Anything strange in here? Was it my chkdsk /r?

Hi again!

It seems like it's causing you quite the headaches, indeed! :( However, Check Disk doesn't really do anything for solid-state drives. Besides, SSDs have leveling technology that allows them to fix themselves if they encounter any issues. Chkdsk only helps with mechanical hard drives. I'd suggest you to try running some tests on the SSD to check up on the health. Here's a thread that might shed some light on the tools you can use to perform this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1926483/ssd-diagnostic-tools.html

Let me know how it goes! :)
SuperSoph_WD