All Games crash on start-up.

Fireonline

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
So, a little under a month ago, i started up my Laptop, went to play Total War Warhammer 2, and before i could even see the launcher, it crashed. Just saying that it stopped working, and had to close. So I thought the program didn't install properly, so I reinstalled it. As it was reinstalling, I tried to play a couple others... But they ALL STARTED CRASHING. Games that were playable before just crash before i get to see anything. Here's a list of games I've tested.

• Starbound
    Stellaris
    Hero's of the Storm
    Sid Meire's Civilization V (Though the launcher shows up, still crashes directly after selecting what Direct X version, also both direct X versions result in a crash)
    Warframe (Gives me a direct X creation failed error)
    Total War Warhammer (Both 1 & 2)

Furthermore, i noticed that when trying to update my graphics drivers, because I figured that may have been the problem, the Geforce Experience tells me that the information is not available, for new or current drivers, and won't allow me to download or reinstall drivers.

As well, I did discover OpenTTD does work, while the rest of these games don't.

Also, I have tried rolling my computer back to a previous date, and this works for a little while, but the issue always returns in a few days...

Though OpenTTD is a great game, I would really love to play other games occasionally. I don't find that my browser suffers at all, I can still play videos and such, also my comp doesn't seem to be running too hot.

He's my system specs:

Laptop : Asus G771J
CPU : Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz
Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Other Graphics : Nvidea GeForce GTX 860M
Ram : 12 GB
Windows 8.1 64x

Let me know if anything else is needed, I'll be happy to get any info you need.

Fireonline

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
So I may have fixed the issue temporarily, I went into the Nvidia website, found the latest driver with them, and ran the installer it gave me, and all the games seem to work now. I'm not sure if this will fix it now, but I'm hoping it will.

BTW did anyone else experience issues with the old drivers?

Fireonline

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
So I got it working yet again, but it required me to go to my devices, and disable and reinable the driver. But again I'd rather not have to do this every day I start my computer...