All games crashing after 5-10 min gameplay, and occasionally BSOD.

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I assembled a new pc from a local vendor recently.
i5 7400
asus gtx 1050ti
asus b250m D mobo.
1tb hdd.
circle apfc 500w psu.
8gb ddr4 memory.

No matter which games I play it will crash after atleast 10 mins of gameplay.
Games I played are FC4, Rise of the tomb raider, gta V, League of legends, Fortnite, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and I am left with no other option than clicking close program.

Now if the game has not crashed since 15 mins, I get BSOD showing error of memory_management or irql_not_less_or_equal.
In the event viewer system error logs I see Source : Kernel-Power, event id: 41.

Now I know this is a shitty psu, I asked the vendor to specifically get a good psu with 80+ efficiency and according to him there is no problem in psu or ram when he came to test the pc after I told him the problem (but I don't believe he took any real effort in checking the proper working of psu and put the blame on the games saying that they were all corrupt and installed windows 8.1 on my pc.)

Could it be that my psu is not working properly and it has affected the ram so the ram wont work under load for long time, thus the crashes and Memory_management bsod?

It may not be any driver problem as I updated the bios and installed and updated Windows 10, 3 times and 8.1 once with no drivers installed other than Nvidia GPU drivers.

I ran the Memory diagnostics test but it came up with no problems.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
1) Your PSU is without a doubt crappy. It is the root cause of your problems. Change it to something like Corsair CX or Seasonic S12II etc. and you will see. e.g, see this article:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
2) Sorry to ask you this, but have to get it out of the way. Are your games legit? If not, that is one more problem. If yes, then after replacing that PSU, we can troubleshoot further if the problem is not resolved

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yes, the games are legit and the only handful games I own right now. It really got me doubting about the knowledge of this guy when he blamed the cause on the games. I legit can't get to complete 1 mission in all these games. Even fortnite crashes very often. Lowering down the settings did not help in any of these games.

I had my doubts on the psu mostly. Not sure about the RAM.

if windows does not complete its shutdown process, then the next time windows boot up you will get
the kernel power 41 log entry. you should see one after any bugcheck, system cpu reset, or if you unplug the power. it in itself does not indicate a bad power supply.

it is useful if you provide the windows diagnostic memory dump file that is generated when the bugcheck occurred. These can be looked at with the windows debugger.

the files will be located in c:\windows\minidump directory. they are large files so you will have to put them on a cloud server like google docs or Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link.

Note: be sure to install the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website.
These are the most likely drivers to fix your problem. focus on the motherboard sound driver from the motherboard website

since you got a memory management bugcheck you should also update the CPU chipset driver and any sata 3 driver from your motherboard website. And you should maybe run memtest86 to confirm your memory timings are correct. (assuming you are not overclocking)

providing the memory dump would go a long way to isolate the problem.

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I have tried installing those drivers but it did not help. I am yet to run memtest86 and I will also share Minidump files with you soon.