All games crashing suddenly with GTX 980ti

Jan 29, 2019
Some background first... I've had this gpu for about 3 years now, hasn't had any issues with it until now (which is to say I'm not sure if it's the gpu's issue). The only thing that makes me suspect maybe the gpu could have issues is I've used it for crypto mining for couple months back in 2018.

Couple days ago, I wired my setup for my study room with a 25ft hdmi cable and updated the windows version and nvidia driver to 417.71 (not sure if any of this is related to the issue). I started having crashes in League of Legends (not a demanding game), then later having crashes in PUBG (not surprisingly) and then Elder Scrolls Online. I tried stress testing and furmark is running fine but Heaven would crash after a while. The crashes all seems random and can happen at any point in the game so nothing is triggering it that I can tell. One more thing that's suspicious is that opening programs have been very slow lately, which is weird because all my drives are ssd.

I have tried everything possible to fix it, updating/reinstalling/rollback drivers/windows version. I even completely wiped the system and reinstalled windows. I ran memory tests/cpu stress test/temperature monitoring and nothing seems out of place. I ran out of ideas and starting to think maybe the gpu is failing... Before I go out and buy a new gpu could someone with more experience tell me anything else to try or could this be caused by gpu?

Thanks for any help!!!

Jan 29, 2019

That;s what I'm thinking too, but I'not sure if those two issues are connected or not. I'm not sure how SSD could cause games to crash either especially the ones that are mostly online and not constantly requesting local asset. The other thing is the slow opening issue seems to affect programs on both disks and I don't see both ssds breaking down at the same time. I'll run the test on the SSD to be sure though. Thanks!

Jan 29, 2019

I just checked crystaldisk and for both drives it shows Good 100%. Not sure if there is another test for other issues.