All games freeze after 5 minutes of play, cannot find fix online. Please help

Seversil

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've been unable to play games on my computer, since I put it together, for an extended length of time. They will always start and run for around 5 to 10 minutes, then proceed to crash either straight to desktop or BSoD. I used DDU hoping that would fix the issue. Now games will last about the same period of time but simply freeze and no longer play. I am monitoring temperatures during play, the processor gets up to 80 degrees at the most and about 76 for the GPU. The computer runs fine otherwise outside of trying to play games. Suggestions and help are much appreciated for this issue as I'm at my wits end on this one.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel i7-6700k 4.0 ghz
Memory: 8 GB x 2 {16.0 GB) g skill ripjaw
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
SSD Samsung 850 Evo, 257 GB free
PSU: Corsair RM550x
MOBO: Asus z-170a

This was the crash report before I used DDU:

On Sun 11/20/2016 5:34:56 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112016-4718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80491C2FF08)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF80015798EDC0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80491C2FF08, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_410e5247be0e5f00\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 375.95
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 375.95

No crash reports have been listed after using DDU.

Solution

Hi fadayed,

Yeah I messed around with the hardware a bit: reset the cmos, removed the motherboard battery, unplugged the graphics card from my psu and the motherboard, then re-plugged it all back in. I did this a little while ago, but don't remember the exact order I did these things. I think I started with the battery - > unplugged the card from power and the mother board - > reset the cmos - > plugged the card back into the motherboard and psu. I just know that after this point, I've experienced no run time problems. I believe it was a problem between the motherboard and GPU. I hope that helps you.

Seversil

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

Hi fadayed,

Yeah I messed around with the hardware a bit: reset the cmos, removed the motherboard battery, unplugged the graphics card from my psu and the motherboard, then re-plugged it all back in. I did this a little while ago, but don't remember the exact order I did these things. I think I started with the battery - > unplugged the card from power and the mother board - > reset the cmos - > plugged the card back into the motherboard and psu. I just know that after this point, I've experienced no run time problems. I believe it was a problem between the motherboard and GPU. I hope that helps you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS