All games freeze for a few seconds every few seconds

thatgarfleekid

Commendable
Sep 18, 2018
I have been having a lot of trouble with my laptop for the past few months. A few months ago my computer was perfectly fine, but I bought Borderlands 2, and ever since all of my games freeze every few seconds. It doesn't matter what game, from Minecraft to CS:GO the freezes still occur. My only idea of what is wrong is that many people have spoken about Borderland 2's bad use of the Nvidia card, so maybe that is the problem? I have tried everything, and even done a factory reset on my laptop, and the issue still occurs. Windows defender has told me "Hanging or crashing apps - not fixed"
Help?
Note: My laptop is a Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

I do understand this has been answered multiple times, but none seem to help.

Solution
Hi, I'm having the same problem plus FPS drop on my gaming laptop, though it's related to my 1080 and I have tried nearly everything, .like running games on low settings, G-Sync on/off, V-Sync on/off and even installing dirvers without nVIdia Experience app. Well, I managed to improve performance a little bit but still every single game freezes, I noticed that the ones on my HDD freeze more often than games installed on the SSD!

Also, I'm using BitDefender antivirus and as a desperate measure, I closed all apps and turned off my AV and surprisingly everything is running smoothly for 2 days now!

Give it a try! Hope this works for you cuz i know how you feel about it!

My specs:
AW17R4, i7-7820HK 32GB RAM, GeForce 1080, SSD 256GB...

thatgarfleekid

Commendable
Sep 18, 2018

My Nvidia GPU goes to around 60 degrees Celsius, but my intel seems to be going to 80 degrees, and I'm sure I switched the Nvidia to the main one.
My CPU cores are:
72 degrees
68 degrees
71 degrees
68 degrees

thatgarfleekid

Commendable
Sep 18, 2018

Sorry for not replying, a bit busy. I don't know what you mean by that, but I did do a test on my own using the task manager.

I closed all of my applications and moved the task manager around my screen, and it was fine. However I opened Steam, and move the task manager window again, and the freezes would occur. Task manager said that without Steam, it only went up to 8% GPU used when moving it around, and 16% when the freezes occur with Steam.
Does that help at all

Sep 29, 2018
Hi, I'm having the same problem plus FPS drop on my gaming laptop, though it's related to my 1080 and I have tried nearly everything, .like running games on low settings, G-Sync on/off, V-Sync on/off and even installing dirvers without nVIdia Experience app. Well, I managed to improve performance a little bit but still every single game freezes, I noticed that the ones on my HDD freeze more often than games installed on the SSD!

Also, I'm using BitDefender antivirus and as a desperate measure, I closed all apps and turned off my AV and surprisingly everything is running smoothly for 2 days now!

Give it a try! Hope this works for you cuz i know how you feel about it!

My specs:
AW17R4, i7-7820HK 32GB RAM, GeForce 1080, SSD 256GB, HDD 1TB

Solution

TRENDING THREADS