Question All games freezing or crashing to desktop ?

Emich

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015
Literally every game I play will crash to desktop after a about an hour or so... if i try playing again the frequency of crashes increases.

In HWinfo CPU/GPU temps are at 50-55 degrees, GPU hotspot/memory junction around 70degrees.

Nothing is OCed, I do have undervolt on GPU and I do have PBO on with an undervolt on CPU, but even without that the crashing still happens.

Ryzen 5600x
Palit RTX 3080
Asus B450-I
Corsair Vengance LP 3000mhz (16gb)
Corsair SF600

I have uninstalled reinstalled video drivers, reseated all CPU/memory (didnt GPU becasue thats really hard with my loop runs without draining the whole thing)

Like could my GPU just straight up be dying? the card is only a year old.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
^ you're at least 100W off with your PSU, more if your PSU isn't brand new. Also, if I were you, I'd have invested in a reliably built 750W PSU akin to Corsair but 600W is too little.

BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version(not edition) if you're on Windows 10? Mind sharing a link to the ram kit? What titles are you taxing the system with(without stating an etc) and where did you source said titles from?

Reactions: kurdtnz

Emich

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015
If it was a PSU problem wouldnt the whole PC shut off not just crash to desktop? PSU is a few years old, was using it with a 2600 and 1080ti before, but didnt upgrade it when i got the 3080.

My BIOS version is 4007 which i installed when 5000 series came out, just checked this isnt the latest so will try and update maybe that will help?
I just did a clean install and updated to Windows 11 in hopes that would help things but it didnt.

RAM is exactly this one https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Games im playing arent even that taxing it crashed playing Diablo 3 the other day. Crashes a lot playing Back4Blood on gamepass. Also issues with Guardians of the Galaxy on steam.

May 1, 2022
If it was a PSU problem wouldnt the whole PC shut off not just crash to desktop? PSU is a few years old, was using it with a 2600 and 1080ti before, but didnt upgrade it when i got the 3080.

My BIOS version is 4007 which i installed when 5000 series came out, just checked this isnt the latest so will try and update maybe that will help?
I just did a clean install and updated to Windows 11 in hopes that would help things but it didnt.

RAM is exactly this one https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Games im playing arent even that taxing it crashed playing Diablo 3 the other day. Crashes a lot playing Back4Blood on gamepass. Also issues with Guardians of the Galaxy on steam.
Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue

I have the same GPU a Palit RTX 3080 but running 850w Gold PSU. YEs went a bit over recommended spec and probably did not need to but I do not have any issues....saying that you never know. I do think you are at the limits of the PSU especially the Corsair CF 600w version. Also are you running separate PCIe power cables to the GPU and not daisy chaining?

ASK THE COMMUNITY