Question All games freezing or crashing to desktop ?

Emich

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015
Literally every game I play will crash to desktop after a about an hour or so... if i try playing again the frequency of crashes increases.

In HWinfo CPU/GPU temps are at 50-55 degrees, GPU hotspot/memory junction around 70degrees.

Nothing is OCed, I do have undervolt on GPU and I do have PBO on with an undervolt on CPU, but even without that the crashing still happens.

Ryzen 5600x
Palit RTX 3080
Asus B450-I
Corsair Vengance LP 3000mhz (16gb)
Corsair SF600

I have uninstalled reinstalled video drivers, reseated all CPU/memory (didnt GPU becasue thats really hard with my loop runs without draining the whole thing)

Like could my GPU just straight up be dying? the card is only a year old.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
^ you're at least 100W off with your PSU, more if your PSU isn't brand new. Also, if I were you, I'd have invested in a reliably built 750W PSU akin to Corsair but 600W is too little.

BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version(not edition) if you're on Windows 10? Mind sharing a link to the ram kit? What titles are you taxing the system with(without stating an etc) and where did you source said titles from?

Reactions: kurdtnz

Emich

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015
If it was a PSU problem wouldnt the whole PC shut off not just crash to desktop? PSU is a few years old, was using it with a 2600 and 1080ti before, but didnt upgrade it when i got the 3080.

My BIOS version is 4007 which i installed when 5000 series came out, just checked this isnt the latest so will try and update maybe that will help?
I just did a clean install and updated to Windows 11 in hopes that would help things but it didnt.

RAM is exactly this one https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Games im playing arent even that taxing it crashed playing Diablo 3 the other day. Crashes a lot playing Back4Blood on gamepass. Also issues with Guardians of the Galaxy on steam.

May 1, 2022
If it was a PSU problem wouldnt the whole PC shut off not just crash to desktop? PSU is a few years old, was using it with a 2600 and 1080ti before, but didnt upgrade it when i got the 3080.

My BIOS version is 4007 which i installed when 5000 series came out, just checked this isnt the latest so will try and update maybe that will help?
I just did a clean install and updated to Windows 11 in hopes that would help things but it didnt.

RAM is exactly this one https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Games im playing arent even that taxing it crashed playing Diablo 3 the other day. Crashes a lot playing Back4Blood on gamepass. Also issues with Guardians of the Galaxy on steam.
Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue

I have the same GPU a Palit RTX 3080 but running 850w Gold PSU. YEs went a bit over recommended spec and probably did not need to but I do not have any issues....saying that you never know. I do think you are at the limits of the PSU especially the Corsair CF 600w version. Also are you running separate PCIe power cables to the GPU and not daisy chaining?