Question All games have issues

Jun 12, 2019
So for a long time I only played World of Warcraft with issues, and assumed maybe it was just the game but had no way to be sure since I didn't play any other games. Now I'm convinced it's my PC but have no idea how to figure out what the issue is.

World of Warcraft - Randomly freezes and if recovers the FPS drops to 1 FPS. Have to restart game to fix. Also in Task Manager it shows CPU at 100%
Thief - Crashes to Desktop randomly but quickly
Elder Scrolls Online - Screen Freezes
Skyrim - Screen Freezes but can still hear game sounds and reacts to commands but screen stays frozen. (Usually after going to task manager and back to game it unfreezes)
The Witcher 3: Freezes and crashes to desktop

Here is my build specs, if you need anything else please let me know. I have no idea where to start on figuring this out, thank you in advance.

Build:
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core 3.4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4 GB DDR5
PSU: Rosewill Hive 750S Full Modular
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB & Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (500 GB for games only) (120 for OS)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB 2400MHz

Jun 12, 2019
Thanks so much for the quick replies everyone! I just downloaded both Core Temp and ROGRealBench. I do have to work tonight so I will run them over night while I'm away and post the results tomorrow.

It's just so frustrating to have a new build that is having this many issues even with older video games. Thanks again, hopefully we can figure this out.

Jun 12, 2019
Ok, so I started the stress test before work and got worried... I think I may be having a cpu temp issue. My idle is about 40-45 C, but when I started the stress test I was already reaching 74C before I even left for work. From what I quickly googled it said 65C is roughly the highest you want to see it. Is this true? I'm home now and can run the test but I just want to know at what point would my CPU be too hot and unsafe, requiring me to stop the test prematurely? Also, it asks how much RAM to test. I have a max of 16 GB, is that what I should run it at? Thank again for all the help.

Jun 12, 2019
Ok so i did a stress test for just 15 minutes since I was worried about my cpu temps. It went as high as 84C. After the test it said I passed. Not sure if there is a log that I’m able to record and post here. If there is a way to do that please let me know and I’ll gladly post it.

Jun 12, 2019
Core temp is a good basic temperature monitor.

OP, I suggest you run a stress tester, say, ROGRealBench for around 2-3 hours. Just to make sure your system is at least partially stable. It should be stable, but with such bad performance/bugs in games, it looks like a instability issue completely.

Ok so one thing I definitely need to do is update the BIOS, I have the original BIOS release on this board still and have never done this before either. There are several though, should I just go down the list one at a time until I get to the most recent release? Please let me know, I've never done this before because I've always been afraid to mess with the BIOS :eek:

Jun 12, 2019
Oh no LOL you don't have to go down the list, BIOS updates don't build on top of each other. Just go directly to the latest one.

Yeah 84C is pretty hot. what cooler do you have?

So I’m running the stock cooler that came with it. Buying a new cooler/heat sink as well as two side panel fans. Currently only one on top, one in back and one in front. So we’ll se what happnes with more airflow and a better cooler. Still had problems after fresh install with one of my games. Only tested two games since restarting with fresh install. I’m buying the amd wraith cooler i believe the stock one is the stealth? Not sure but this one looks like it will def perform much better.

I'd get a tower cooler, but the wraith isn't a bad option.

I'm surprised though, your the first person I've seen with a 2600 that the stock cooler can't handle it under stock load. Heck, that cooler is supposed to handle mini overclocks pretty well.

But could be your case airflow too.

Oh and make sure your running the proper memory profile for your Vengeance kit. (XMP basically)

Jun 12, 2019

I'm surprised though, your the first person I've seen with a 2600 that the stock cooler can't handle it under stock load. Heck, that cooler is supposed to handle mini overclocks pretty well.

Oh and make sure your running the proper memory profile for your Vengeance kit. (XMP basically)

Sorry but you’re dealing with a noob here so what do you mean by that and how do i do that exactly? 😝

Jun 12, 2019
Oh no LOL you don't have to go down the list, BIOS updates don't build on top of each other. Just go directly to the latest one.

Yeah 84C is pretty hot. what cooler do you have?

Sorry but you’re dealing with a noob here so what do you mean by that and how do i do that exactly? 😝

So I see now that I need to do it through the BIOS so I'm checking that shortly. The reason I was asking about the BIOS updates earlier is because it said so on the notes in the manufacturer website. I don't believe it was a install this BIOS update first before installing the latter, however it does mention installing chipset driver updates before certain BIOS first. Could you please take a look and direct me into the correct order of installation? I may call the manufacturer tomorrow as well. Thanks.

https://www.aorus.com/product-detail.php?p=778&t=53&t2=57&t3=118#pd_download

Jun 12, 2019
Ok so I checked BIOS under advanced memory settings and it was currently under disabled so I switched it to the only option which was profile 1 saved changes and exited. Hoping this helps but also that I can get the BIOS/Chipsets and whatever else updated tomorrow morning since I'm heading to work now. Thanks again for all the help .

Jun 12, 2019

Ok so the BIOS and Chipset drivers are now up to date.

Jun 12, 2019
Ok, so I’m going insane trying to figure this out. I went and bought a new card because I figured that was the issue and also just wanted a better card. The card I bought is the Radeon RX 580 with 8GB GDDR5.

I installed the new card and have even worse problems now. When I game and even sometimes when I don’t... my PC will completely freeze up for about 15 seconds, the screen then turns black , comes back to life and whatever game I’m playing crashes, either to desktop or I have to terminate it myself through task manager.

I’ve updated bios and chipset. I formatted both of my ssd’s. (One for OS and programs, one for games) Followed by a fresh install of Win 10 Pro. After my fresh install I’ve only installed windows updates, my GPU software/drivers and two video games to test. I’ve also run some stress tests via OCCT. So far they haven’t shown any errors. I’ve also run a memory test through windows which has shown no errors. Is there anything else I can do test wise? I’m going insane at this point. I’d love to swap test but I don’t have extra parts to do that with.

On windows event viewer I do see a warning ⚠ that comes up during the freeze/black screen under the windows logs folder in system which says “Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.”

Jun 12, 2019
I'm also seeing this warning when I play Skyrim Special Edition. Game freezes and basically I have to end task through task manager. I also just swapped back to my original GPU and tried it in the x8 slot vs the x16 slot and still having the same problem.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-IFEO08U\jplou SID (S-1-5-21-1977096731-65085153-3352557651-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.