All games on my laptop started lagging and stuttering

Aug 30, 2018
I have been playing games like black squad, fortnite and other games just fine, but yesterday out of nowhere all my games started like stuttering and lagging the fps didn't change but every 2-3 seconds i like teleport or stutter I don't know how to describe it. Could someone please help i have tried everything i have updated all the driver, ran a virus scan. My laptop is not overheating when i play games it stays around 70*C

The Specs

GPU: Nvidia geforce gt 740m
CPU: Intel i5-4200u 1.60ghz 2.30 ghz
RAM: 8 gb ddr3
My laptop is HP Pavilion 15 Notebook

P.S.
Sorry for bad grammar, im from Europe.

Aug 30, 2018

sorry for the late reply i wasn't home.
So, in my update history i have just bunch of driver and definition updates from around that time.

P.S.
The problem started after a windows update, but I don't know witch update it was, but it was not a big one.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If there's anything that appears to specifically be GPU driver related, I would suggest forcing an uninstall of that, and sourcing the appropriate driver from Nvidia directly.

Unfortunately, when a bunch of updates occur at the same time, it can be a bit difficult to narrow down the culprit but, given those appear to be around the right time... chances are good it's a rouge driver update causing you issues.

Aug 30, 2018

Ok, thanks i will try and let you know if it works or if i find anything.

Ok, so i looked at the driver updates and in that time there is only Realtek driver updates and what exactly is ''REALTEK''

Aug 30, 2018

I don't have any internet problems my games run at 40 ms ping

Aug 30, 2018

Oh sorry didn't know that and could you please suggest a specific program?