Question All games started Crashing and CPU accident and Heatsink

StalkingKitty

Reputable
Apr 29, 2019
Hello i'm in need of help so recently i just got a new Air Cooler the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 EX recently.

1st accident:
When i manage to pull it off the stock cooler the CPU was still attach to my Heatsink. I was able to pull it out (with a tiny bit of force) the attach CPU went flying off and bending 4 pins but i was able to repair/straighten it using a very tin needle.

Luckily the CPU is still in working condition and was able to post.

2nd Issue:
When i was done installing my new air cooler making sure it's tight but not too tight all of a sudden all of my games started Crashing, Freezing and FPS are going up and down.

I was able to fixed the FPS and Freezing but the Crashing issue is still there. all pretty much all of my games are unplayable.

Since i was able to fixed the FPS and Freezing issue. I open my Afterburner to check the CPU and GPU temps and usage for the crashing and so far this is what i got. while playing Elden Ring and GTA 5

CPU: temp 40c - 55c usage around 50% to 60%
GPU: temp 60c to 70c usage 60% to 80%

Idk what other info that i need to post so just let me know what to do so that i can provide more info.

There was a Driver Crash when i update to the new AMD driver 22.6.1 but i roll it back to 22.5.1 and it didn't fixed the issue is still the same.
I even went full clean uninstall using the DDU but nothing.

Here are my Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock was planning to OC when this happen)
RX 6600 8gb
2x8GB DDR4 3000mhz RAM
Seagate 1tb 7,500 rpm HDD
Ramsta 120GB SSD
Cooler Master mve 550w gold non-modular (This was the only PSU during covid i can get at that time)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Coolermaster never made a Gammax cooler, Deepcool, however, did make a Gammax 400EX air cooler.

1| If the pins are intact and aren't bent out of shape and the processor goes back into the CPU socket on the motherboard, you're fine.
2| You shouldn't tighten it with a wrench, just tight enough that the screws are easy to remove with a screwdriver without much force applied to.

You might want to state the age of the PSU in your build. I'd try and source a 650W reliably built unit as a donor(not bought) unit to see if the issue is alleviated.

Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Could you also provide images of how you installed the cooler to your board, including the backplate install?

Reactions: RodroX and KyaraM

StalkingKitty

Reputable
Apr 29, 2019
Coolermaster never made a Gammax cooler, Deepcool, however, did make a Gammax 400EX air cooler.

1| If the pins are intact and aren't bent out of shape and the processor goes back into the CPU socket on the motherboard, you're fine.
2| You shouldn't tighten it with a wrench, just tight enough that the screws are easy to remove with a screwdriver without much force applied to.

You might want to state the age of the PSU in your build. I'd try and source a 650W reliably built unit as a donor(not bought) unit to see if the issue is alleviated.

Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Could you also provide images of how you installed the cooler to your board, including the backplate install?

Oops sorry I fixed the small error and my PSU is like 9 months old. I'm just tired from the editting videos so my brain is not working while i was typing this.

Lutfij

Titan
And the images for how you've installed/mounted the cooler? On a side note, is the cooler making contact with the side panel on your chassis? Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your chassis? By crash do you mean a reboot for the system or the game's exit to desktop GUI? Prior questions pending as well.

StalkingKitty

Reputable
Apr 29, 2019
And the images for how you've installed/mounted the cooler? On a side note, is the cooler making contact with the side panel on your chassis? Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your chassis? By crash do you mean a reboot for the system or the game's exit to desktop GUI? Prior questions pending as well.

No the cooler is not making contact on my side Panel i still have a lot of leg room i'm using a Widebody E-ATX chassis WJCOOLMAN white.
PSU is only 9 months old
All pins are intact minus the 4 bent pins which i was able to straighten using a needle no pins are missing and the CPU just slide right in on my CPU slots.
I'm using a MSI B450 mortar Titanium BIOS version AMI BIOS - 7B89vAD 2020-06-16
I finally got the image working sorry for the bad quality

Last edited:

StalkingKitty

Reputable
Apr 29, 2019
291946594_2205507752944573_8690633102348361334_n.jpg
292543819_5101300443321264_7871819431252240969_n.jpg
291115867_443614554009411_8325706525498444882_n.jpg
291498878_381506847407142_1484228638086557105_n.jpg

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
I'd lower the GPU heat by adjusting fan speeds, but that's the only overheat that may cause reboots and BSODs.
100% Usage at 75C will reboot. Set fans to 100% at 55C perhaps ?
Since you have it all open, use a blower to dust off everything, inside PSU, GPU (CPU sink being new skip).

Reactions: RodroX

StalkingKitty

Reputable
Apr 29, 2019
I'd lower the GPU heat by adjusting fan speeds, but that's the only overheat that may cause reboots and BSODs.
100% Usage at 75C will reboot. Set fans to 100% at 55C perhaps ?
Since you have it all open, use a blower to dust off everything, inside PSU, GPU (CPU sink being new skip).
Soo now everything is working no more crashing all i did was do another thorough cleaning around the RAM slots and GPU slots soo now everything is running perfectly, I'm guessing something must have gotten stuck on one of the slots. i didn't get to see what it was but i don't really care as long as everything is working and i can game again during my day off XD

and Thank god no BSOD's ever happen

Reactions: RodroX