All games stutter

Jurassic Park

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hello everybody,

I have one big problem for a year now,and I always thought it's something to do with games,but it happens with every game that is made after 2014.
I experience stuttering and frame drops in second from 75 FPS to 40 FPS.
I updated all drivers,I clean my PC,I lower game settings,I used Razor Cortex to close other tasks and left only controller and game,I flashed BIOS and NOTHING.

My PC rig is:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
LG 27UD58-B
MSI Z97 PC Mate
Intel i5 4670K
8 GB RAM
ASUS Strix 970 OC 4GB
Coolermaster G550M

It happens with every game,since 2014. on whatever settings low or very high.

I would like to reinstall Windows and start all over again,but I heard from one person that there is software that can transfer data from current Windows on newly installed Windows.
However he used that software long time ago and he can't remember it.

I would like to keep all my current data and reinstall windows,and if problem continues,I would like to get that data back,but I don't have external HDD,so I was hoping you know software which can do that?

Kind regards

Solution
Often the reinstallation of Windows is a last option. And I'm not aware of what sort of software is being referred to, though there is a ring of familiarity about the process. It doesn't sound like a cloning software though. Usually a secondary drive (external or internal) is the easiest way of keeping data you want.

Have you monitored how the PC performs during games? I would suggest MSI Afterburner (or similar) to monitor CPU (all cores and overall), GPU and RAM frequencies and usage; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and/or frame times; and maybe page file. What happens when fps drops (or frame times are extended)? This should give some clue.

Also possible are the games being updated by patches. It's not unknown modern games can be...
Often the reinstallation of Windows is a last option. And I'm not aware of what sort of software is being referred to, though there is a ring of familiarity about the process. It doesn't sound like a cloning software though. Usually a secondary drive (external or internal) is the easiest way of keeping data you want.

Have you monitored how the PC performs during games? I would suggest MSI Afterburner (or similar) to monitor CPU (all cores and overall), GPU and RAM frequencies and usage; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and/or frame times; and maybe page file. What happens when fps drops (or frame times are extended)? This should give some clue.

Also possible are the games being updated by patches. It's not unknown modern games can be altered significantly from their original release form, and this may even mean the minimum/recommended specs have changed as well.

Solution