[SOLVED] All Games Suddenly Crash Without Error

Mar 24, 2019
Hey guys so recently out of nowhere all my games have been crashing at some point to the desktop with no error message. So a bit of background info now, so my system is a Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz RAM, with a good PSU. I overclocked everything in that system and it ran games fine. Only crash I noticed is when I played the BFV beta it would freeze my whole PC. Now I have the same system but a RTX 2070 and a EVGA 750W PSU Platinum 80+. So I overclocked that new graphics card and all was fine.

A few months ago I noticed some weird issues like some games crash when full screening, and just games randomly crashing. BFV again crashes and acts up, but now it freezes my PC. SWBF2 2017, does it too and Just Cause 3 crashed after 1 hour of playtime. So I thought maybe the overlocks were at unstable voltages or something. So I change it up to what I think should be proper and safe voltages but there are still crashes and games acting up. This is quite frustrating as the game otherwise run well besides the crashes and freezing. Also if it means anything BFV again had a weird issue where bright light effects, like the sun rays, in game were green when they weren't supposed to be but went away.

Here are my PC's specs now:
-CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 OC@3.8GHz
Voltage Offset: +0.078
Voltage SOC Offset: +0.258
-Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM(dual sticks) 2400MHz stock OC@3200MHz
DRAM Voltage: 1.26
-RTX 2070 8GB
Core Clock Offset: +100
Memory Clock Offset: +300
GPU also runs both fans at 100%

Temp of GPU under heavy load is max 63 Degrees, and CPU Max 66 Degrees. Not sure if some windows update did this or what but it is frustrating and I use the PC a lot. Please help.

Solution
Hi Dennis :) This can be a prolonged troubleshoot so be patient.

My advice is to clear your CMOS and bring Bios back to default. (NO overclockes to RAM, CPU or GPU) Stress test the system at default using AIDA64 test for CPU, FPU and Cache to start with. Monitor the system with HWInfo64 looking at Rail voltages and temperatures to eliminate any cooling or PSU issues. Run the stress test for 10-15Mins and report the results if you wish for analysis.
If things test OK then test your memory using AIDA64 or Memtest86. Check your disks using CHKDSK from a command prompt.

As your issue can be one of many things it's best to be methodical to identify the culprit.
If still testing OK then Windows OS is your next priority so, run SFC /SCANNOW...
Hi Dennis :) This can be a prolonged troubleshoot so be patient.

My advice is to clear your CMOS and bring Bios back to default. (NO overclockes to RAM, CPU or GPU) Stress test the system at default using AIDA64 test for CPU, FPU and Cache to start with. Monitor the system with HWInfo64 looking at Rail voltages and temperatures to eliminate any cooling or PSU issues. Run the stress test for 10-15Mins and report the results if you wish for analysis.
If things test OK then test your memory using AIDA64 or Memtest86. Check your disks using CHKDSK from a command prompt.

As your issue can be one of many things it's best to be methodical to identify the culprit.
If still testing OK then Windows OS is your next priority so, run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt to check for any corruption in your system32 files.
Go into Control Panel>Device manager and check for driver issues. (yellow triangles indicating driver issues especially the GPU)
At this point i'm betting it's an issue with GPU or driver.

Last edited:
Solution