[SOLVED] All games suddenly stutter on Nvidia gtx 1060

May 26, 2020
Hello,
I often get a problem on my gaming laptop that all of the games suddenly stutter and the sound also lags on the fps drops. I have this problem for some time now, but usually I just re-installed the nvidia driver and everything was fine again. But now that it's not working anymore. I reinstalled all of my drivers but no changes. I wiped my windows 10 clean of everything, but still. And I also checked the nvidia control panel if everything is in order. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thank you.

May 26, 2020
What are your specs?
What are your temps at idle and under load?

It's a Lenovo legion y720

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia gtx 1060
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
128gb SSD
1TB HDD

Don't think that the temps are in fault. Just cleaned the laptop and the lag is always present. But I can check tho

May 26, 2020
Alot of your issues are coming from the RAM. Its running in single channel mode. If you add another stick (the exact same) so that your RAM can run in Dual Channel your performance will be more consistent and better.

What are the temps?
The temps:
Idle:50 C
Under load:About 80-85C

I'm planning to get a new RAM, but i just don't understand then why everything was fine the first months when i got the laptop and why re-installing the GPU driver was fixing it the first couple of times.