all geforce2mxs thesame?

G

I am new to the computer building scheme so don't bash me too much if this is a bad question but...

I see geforce2mx's all over the net for anywhere from $50-150 and all the cards of this type performed almost exactly the same on tom's benchmarks. So are all geforce2mx's equal or do the price differences represent differences in stability and quality. Should i pay 99 for an asus or 63 for a chaintech and why? Thanx in advance!

G

There are differences. Firstly, stay away from any MX-100, MX-200 variation, those are the cheaper ones and are quite bad. Good ones are the normal MX with sdram and MX-400 with sdram. Don't buy one with DDRAM because nvidia limited the use of DDR so much that it is useless on a MX card. Will you be overclocking? Do you need to have dual output for two monitors? Video in/out?

G

I'm not planning on overclocking this time and i dont need dual monitors or video in/out. I mostly need it for games such as quake3, UT, couter-strike, etc. thanx for the info on the mx100, 200, 400, i was about to order mx-200 but now i will likely get an mx or mx-400. Any suggestions on the best video card for my use for under $100?