All I want to do is play a DVD, Please help! ARGH!

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Ok, so I have been trying to play a DVD for the last hour and a half. VLC Media player plays the dvd, but only half of the audio is played (ie the sound effects of birds chirping, and a remote control car are played, but you can't hear anything anyone is saying.) If anyone knows how to fix that, then that would be great. Also if I try using Media Player Classic then it plays choppy/slowed down video and audio. I also tried AVS Media player, but that would start to load the video and stop at 3% and never get any farther. I'm not sure how that program works, but it seemed like it was trying to rip the dvd and then play it or something.

Anyway

I just need a dvd player that works, Any ideas of ones i can download or ways I can fix my problems with my current players?

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Thanks for the response! I tried installing the klite codec pack, now I am still getting choppy playback, but i also only have half of the audio, just like my VLC. ugh, anymore suggestions anyone?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
yes please drop it "Gspot" and see what kind of codecs it says it needs to play it.

gspot comes with your mega codec pack start>klite codec pack>tools>gspot

if it says you have all the codecs for it then in gspot file>play using associated player

here see if it plays if for you correctly, if not then the file you have maybe corrupt or missing parts or chunks

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
it is a DVD not a file. I'm not sure how to open a dvd with GSpot or if it is even possible. So I can't check what codec it requires and I can't try the Open with associated player option.

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Ok here is my problem now. I fixed the audio in VLC so now I can hear it. I just had to play the movie and then click Audio---> 2 front 2 back speakers. It was set to 5.1 Before that. Now after about 3-5 minutes of playing it comes up with a windows error report.

Here is a picture of the error I'm getting

VLC%20Error.jpg

Any help would be fantastic

I heard something about reverting back to version 7 and that it might fix some problems. Anyone have any ideas of where i can get version 7 and try that?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I don't have time to look at your pic and see what I can make out of it, but I will later, in the mean time which vlc version did you want?

or

or

0.7.2?