Question All icons / thumbnails disappeared + Right Click - Properties not working

deejaawoo

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,
I booted my computer today morning and realised all the icons were missing from the desktop and the file explorer. Including the thumbnails. It shows blank
I have attached the screenshot for the same.

Screenshot-2021-01-08-182856.png

Also if i right click and go to properties ... Nothing happens.

I have tried the following fixes...
  1. Scanned PC for viruses using Avast
  2. Boot time Scan for PC
  3. Scanned and removed Malware using Malwarebytes
  4. System restored to almost 20 days before
  5. Downloaded various fixes online and ran them
  6. Ran System File Checker on CMD says no issues
  7. Booted in Safe Mode and still the icons are missing
plus tried various other fixes... Please help me ... what should i do ...
Thank You.

Ralston18

Titan
Which version of Windows 10?

Are you able to get into File Explorer and make changes via the View tab?

Are you able to get into Windows Update History to determine if there are any failed updates?

However, if a 20 day old restore does not solve the problem then I suspect that there is some hardware issue.

Are you able to try other components and peripherals: starting with keyboard and mouse?

deejaawoo

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
Which version of Windows 10?

Are you able to get into File Explorer and make changes via the View tab?

Are you able to get into Windows Update History to determine if there are any failed updates?

However, if a 20 day old restore does not solve the problem then I suspect that there is some hardware issue.

Are you able to try other components and peripherals: starting with keyboard and mouse?

Yes i am able to get to file explorer and also make changes in view tab ... still no icons can be seen... attached the screenshot here..
View: https://imgur.com/c4ZpRpD

Also there are no failed updates

Sir, I doubt for any hardware issue cause everything is working very smoothly and efficiently. And i doubt any hardware issue would Disable Icons or Disable Right click.

Im still confused i guess the only last resort is a format and reinstall windows?

Thanks