[SOLVED] All in one computer won't turn on at all, after leaving it to install an update

Dec 15, 2020
Hi, thank you for helping me.

I have an all in one computer, and have had it for almost 5 years. Today I went to settings to manually install a new windows update, because it hadn't updated itself apparently. I pressed on the install button, and after it had finished installing it asked me to restart, or schedule a restart. I pressed on restart now, and nothing happened for 10 seconds. Then impatient me pressed on that restart button several more times and 5 seconds later, it went on to restart. After that, I left the computer to do its thing and didnt come back until about an hour later.
When I came back, the computer was shut down. I pressed on the power button and...nothing happens, except for my mouse flashing for a millisecond. I press again and not even the mouse flashes. Even the LED on the power button is not on. I tried replugging the power adapter, keyboard and mouse and other USBs , made sure that the power socket works, you know, the basic noob stuff. Nope, absolutely nothing starts. No fan or any sound coming from the computer whatsoever.

Any advice or explanation to why? I'll gladly provide more information if necessary.

Solution

I have an all in one computer, and have had it for almost 5 years. Today I went to settings to manually install a new windows update, because it hadn't updated itself apparently. I pressed on the install button, and after it had finished installing it asked me to restart, or schedule a restart. I pressed on restart now, and nothing happened for 10 seconds. Then impatient me pressed on that restart button several more times and 5 seconds later, it went on to restart. After that, I left the computer to do its thing and didnt come back until about an hour later.
When I came back, the computer was shut down. I pressed on the power button and...nothing happens, except for my mouse flashing for a...

When I came back, the computer was shut down. I pressed on the power button and...nothing happens, except for my mouse flashing for a millisecond. I press again and not even the mouse flashes. Even the LED on the power button is not on. I tried replugging the power adapter, keyboard and mouse and other USBs , made sure that the power socket works, you know, the basic noob stuff. Nope, absolutely nothing starts. No fan or any sound coming from the computer whatsoever.

Any advice or explanation to why? I'll gladly provide more information if necessary.
You being impatient currupted the drives and may have killed ram. All n ones are a pain in the *** generally. So i would look up make and modle and see if you can open yourself. From there decide if you want to try and repair yourself. Ram is simple and with all n one generally so is storage, best thing to do first is clear bios well you have it open

Solution