All in One PC Barebone Mid- to High Performance - General Interest?

Derpediderp

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Hey guys!

I am currently working on an idea to start a brand which would be specialized in All in One PC Barebones.
So I wanted to ask you if there is any interest for such a thing?
In detail:

The focus is on a configurable system, like a desktop case, but this one here has already a build in mITX mainboard, monitor, speakers and everything is already cabled.

The power supply is external to save space and especially to keep the AIO as narrow as possible.
The lid on the back can be pushed open after only 2 screws have been removed, so it is very easy to maintain.
The technical data in a short overview:

Monitor: 27 "Full-HD, AH-IPS, Frameless Design

Mainboard:

mITX, modified with a 90 degree rotated PCIe slot for the graphics card
H110 chipset
2x RAM slots DDR4-SODIMM
1x mini PCIe slot
1x MSata Slot
1x 2.5 inch Sata connector

Graphics card: Power over PCIe lane (NVIDIA GTX 1050TI, Radeon RX460, etc.), with additional PSU up to Zotac NVIDIA GTX 1080 Mini

Power supply: External with 3 pin safety plug and 180W power, additional 250W PSU for Graphics cards with 6-8 pin Connector.

Connections:

2xUSB 3.0
RJ45 connector
4xUSB 2.0
SD card reader
1x HDMI-IN (for graphics card routing)
1x HDMI OUT
1x3.5mm stereo jack
1x3.5mm microphone jack
Stereo speakers (believe it or not, they sound decent)

At first it only powered over the PCIe Lane, but i worked on a solution the last weeks...
I finally got a decent PSU with a PCIe like Connector for the Project, and it does not only work like a charm, it even has sufficent Power for a Zotac 1080 + OC and its a relatively "clean" solution.
Currently i am using a 1060 because its enough for most 1080P Gaming/Editing and with its low power consumption, the PSU doesn't even get warm.
I routed the 6 Pin out of the chassis, directly to the PSU. I also tried the same with a 6+2 pin connector and it also works seamlessly.
The PSU has 250W @ 12V and fortunately the same LED Color as the standard PSU, so it looks like they belong together^^.

Here are some Pics from my Testsample:

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

cimg1562.jpg

cimg1564.jpg

cimg1567.jpg

cimg1569.jpg

cimg1570.jpg

cimg1573.jpg

cimg1575.jpg

cimg1591.jpg

cimg1593.jpg

cimg1595.jpg

In addition, this PSU can be used not only for the AIO Barebone but also for eGPU Solutions!
What do you think?

Cheers!

Solution

1- it is not about the PANEL alone .. used in Eizo or in Asus does not matter , there is the screen board ...
2- 1u power supplies are complete power , but 40mm thick only (the same thickness of 2 slots GPU so it will fit nice ! no need for external power at all.

take a look at this...

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017
Your problem is not in making the AIO , your problem is in making a good IPS screen ... it is not about the Panel alone , it is about the calibration and the circuit board , and I doubt you can do as good as ASUS or ACER or DELL or NEX or Apple ... those things are not generic .. each design their own LCD panel. unless you call Samsung/LG and ask them to give you ready boards and ready LCD .. and that will be VERY EXPENSIVE. picking up cheap chinese LCD will not do.

here are some remarks ,

1- This will be unbalanced ... try pushing it and see the balance , I have the feeling the center of mass is back..

better make the legs on the side ...

something like this maybe

1188116d874c848ef108525ce93bd1f6.jpg

2- Use only GPU with blower fans (reference) for such project , this will heat up...

3- add a blower fan near the motherboard area to blow in/out cool air , the same fans used on reference GPU. .

4- move the GPU away from the Motherboard ... and make a separation between them , two separate boxes ... you need more cool air , and two separated chambers .. one for MOBO and one for GPU , the PCIe Cable can be 30cm long ..

5- no need for external power supply , use internal one ... those DC to DC boards are cheap and not reliable much. get a high watt 1u power supply , if it is high watt it will not heat up and will not be noisy .. and will still be cheaper than 2 external bricks + DC to DC board ... get 1000 watt 1u power supply and use half that power .. same price but alot better . and not noisy.

6- your cables are messy , the connection cables should be inside not outside .. so push everythingdeep inside the box and route HDMI cables inside the box not outside like that

Derpediderp

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Thank you for your feedback! :)

The Display is infact a LG Screen, which you can also find in EIZO Monitors, i will look it up this evening and see if i can find the exact model name.

Regarding the case, unfortunately i am not able to change the complete Case just yet because this is a sample from my supplier.
But as i know there could be a new case design @ the end of may.

And with high watt 1u power supply, you mean a pico psu board?

Cheers!

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017

1- it is not about the PANEL alone .. used in Eizo or in Asus does not matter , there is the screen board ...
2- 1u power supplies are complete power , but 40mm thick only (the same thickness of 2 slots GPU so it will fit nice ! no need for external power at all.

take a look at this

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/pws/pws.aspx

see which one is good for you , and check the length as well of each

Solution

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017

Make sure you put double the power needed , because those power supplies use 40mm fans and are noisy at full speed . so get at least 750-1000 watts so they dont run full speed ...

TRENDING THREADS