All-In-Wonder Questions

Kinetic

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2004

Anyone know of a good site with details on how to use the all-in-wonder? The
ATI site doesn't seem to help, and the CD manual doesn't seem to help.
Anyway, here are a few of the things I'm trying to figure out.

1. I have a bunch of shows taped and I want to burn them to DVD (i.e..
Simpson's season 1 - not really, but it's a good example). Is there a simple
way to do this so that each episode will be a chapter on the DVD?

2. When I record TV, I can only watch the show using ati's player program. I
don;t have a problem with this, but I can't seem to fast forward (more
specifically, if I fast forward, I can't play again). Anyone know a way
around this?

3. There are more questions, but it's late and I can't think of them
(sorry).

Thanks in advance

Oh, my system is an XP3000, 160 GB HD, 512 RAM with a radeon AIW 9000 pro.

~ Jamie West

"kinetic" <carlmcgee8675309@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know of a good site with details on how to use the all-in-wonder?
The
> ATI site doesn't seem to help, and the CD manual doesn't seem to help.
> Anyway, here are a few of the things I'm trying to figure out.
>
> 1. I have a bunch of shows taped and I want to burn them to DVD (i.e..
> Simpson's season 1 - not really, but it's a good example). Is there a
simple
> way to do this so that each episode will be a chapter on the DVD?
>
> 2. When I record TV, I can only watch the show using ati's player program.
> don;t have a problem with this, but I can't seem to fast forward (more
> specifically, if I fast forward, I can't play again). Anyone know a way
> around this?
>
> 3. There are more questions, but it's late and I can't think of them
> (sorry).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Oh, my system is an XP3000, 160 GB HD, 512 RAM with a radeon AIW 9000 pro.
>
> ~ Jamie West

What you haven't said is what format you have saved your videos in.

If you can only play them with ATI's own file player then maybe they are
..vcr files - a proprietary ATI format. ATIs Library module should allow you
to convert them to eg mpeg-2, and then you could use PowerDVD to play them
properly, and something like Nerovision Express to burn to DVD.

You'll not be able to do much with ATI files, so go to SETUP - Personal
Video Recorder - Map Presets and use MPEG in future.
Many guides out there for the whole process - I like
http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=6&howtoselect=1;54#6 as a start.

Laurence

Scott

A good site for general video how-to guides, and specifically ATI
related ones is
http://www.digitalfaq.com/
which used to be
http://www.lordsmurf.com

It also has lots of info on burning to DVD, not sure if it deals with
your exact question though.

Good Luck

Scott

XP2500+
ATI AIW 9600Pro
Blah blah
And a partridge in a pear tree..... ;0)

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:59:55 -0400, "kinetic"