All In Wonder Radeon recording issues

allgoodpeople

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm trying to record video off of my old analog camcorder (it uses VHS-C tapes) onto my computer using the All In Wonder Radeon card. I can get the video, but i'm not getting any audio. The documentation that comes with the card is pathetic. Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be? Is there a cable i have to run from the video card to the sound like, like you have from the cdrom to the sound card? no matter what sound source i select in the settings, i get no sound.

thanks for any help!

allgoodpeople

"It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."

G

For some decent documentaion try the PDF file on the install CD. It's called something like "radeon_aiw_user_guide_v4.pdf" or download it from the ATI website.
Anyway, on page 29 of said guide it gives you a spiffy diagram of how to connect your sound up.

G

One thing that has tripped me up in the past is that the volume control in Windows has both playback and record settings. Double clik on the speaker in the system tray and under Options->Properties select Recording. Make sure that the volume on the input you are using is up high enough and not muted. You can also verify that you are using the input you think you are by trying others to see if it helps.

Even the simplest things can be impossible...