Question All individual RAM sticks working - but doesn't when more than 4 sticks are installed.

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
Hi,

I bought a PC and was shown it completely working, so I know for a fact the seller had 8 x 4 GB's working. I came home, unplugged unneccsary stuff (CD player etc.), installed a different GPU, reinstalled Windows and installed drivers. Now, with all 8 sticks, I cannot even make it into BIOS 90% of the time, and the 1 or 2 times I managed, the PC restarted a couple seconds in. After tinkering, I was able to boot once I had a single RAM stick installed. Therefore, I continued trying, 2 x 4 GB, 4 x 4 GB. I managed to get 6 x 4 GB to boot twice, but each time recieved a BSOD, now I can't manage again. I made sure all RAM sticks work, by using the two sets of 4 x 4 GB, and seen they both boot into Windows. However, as soon as I try them altogether, it doesn't work.

Also, initally I couldn't get Windows to boot when XMP on, but eventually it worked if I increased the Voltage to 1.25 (+0.05).

Could this be a motherboard issue, maybe the slots are damaged? Anyone got any ideas?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PnqjFG

The PSU in this build is different, I can't find my OCZ, 800W, gold, modular one, so it's a placeholder.

Thank you!

elitemossyPL

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
Also, it's funny looking back at my posts in 2014, when I begin learning about PC's, and really young (would have been 12/13). I know so much more now, but then a thing creeps up here and there, like this now :)