Question All Inputs Stop and PC Becomes Unusable When Playing Any Games

jordan.lilley

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
I have had a recurring issue, every time I play any games, my PC stops taking any input after a while, which has once stopped input entirely, and even after restarting my pc multiple times I could not give any input. The issue is still occurring and I cannot play any games without being interrupted and having to restart my pc. Any advice or help troubleshooting would be massively appreciated!

PS: Sometimes it stops taking input, then allows it again, and all my devices get discovered again so I suspect something is disconnecting all of my USBs but I do not know.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your specs, please include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? While in BIOS, it's a good idea to check and see what your BIOS version on the motherboard is at the time of writing.

From what you've mentioned it could be a systemwide lockup due to a corrupt OS, lack of proper power to all components, memory issues or that the drivers are conflicting with eachother.

jordan.lilley

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your specs, please include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. Can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? While in BIOS, it's a good idea to check and see what your BIOS version on the motherboard is at the time of writing.

From what you've mentioned it could be a systemwide lockup due to a corrupt OS, lack of proper power to all components, memory issues or that the drivers are conflicting with eachother.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
GPU: MSI Nvidia 2070 Gaming Z
MOBO: ASRock B450 PRO4
PSU: XILENCE 650 W 80+ Gold
RAM: 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) Tforce Vulcan
SSD: Crucial MX500 CT500MX500SSD4 500 GB Internal SSD (3D NAND, SATA, M.2 Type 2280SS)
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive

PSU is about 4 years old but I have had no issues with the power it supplies ever.
I can get to BIOS, however as of the time I am writing this I cannot check the BIOS version, I can do so later today.