[SOLVED] All kinds of BSOD and freezes, clueless what to do

Generix

Commendable
Mar 13, 2020
Hello,
i currently get all kinds of bsod and i cant seem to find the reson why. i already reinstalled windows10 multiple times (including on a different ssd). i checked for all kinds of updates + drivers but coudnt seem to fix it this way. im wondering what hardware could cause the problem and what i could test however since my computer sometimes runs just fine (once its started and didnt crash within the first ~5min it will usually run for the next 10+h without a problem) so im not sure if it is rly hardware related.

i already started a thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/multiple-bsod-during-start-works-fine-after/7090467e-0e02-41a2-99d8-f3af6c8b2daa?tm=1583309650849&auth=1&rtAction=1583750155205
however it doesnt seem like i will get help, which might be because it doesnt seem to be windows related? (reinstalled a few times as i said so windows shouldnt be the problem? idk)

here are some of the bsod i had so far:
-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ACPI.sys)
-KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
-SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgkrnl.sys)
-KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
-UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP
-CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
-PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
-MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
-DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

i usually run into multiple of those bsod when i try to start the pc in the morning. i then have to restart it multiple times until it just works.
sometimes i can just start and everything is fine and sometimes i have to restart up to 7 times. sometimes i get the bsod even before i get to login, sometimes it takes a few minutes while already loged in.
the past few days i also run into another problem other than the bsod at the start where my computer just freezes (not at the start but at random times). the screen just stays as it is but i cant do anything anymore (mouse/keyboard not working). when this happens i noticed my cpu fan stops spinning while my gpu fan and everything else still goes. i waited quite some time when this happens and just nothing happens so i have to power off my pc and restart. i also noticed that in instances where my pc crashes at some point i also get "page crashed" in my browser form time to time... when i get those in my browser i already get the feeling my pc is about to crash within the next minutes (->ram related?) however maybe the "page crashed" isnt related and i just imagine things at this point.

i have no idea what could cause this problem. since i keep having the problem even after a fresh windows installation i would guess its a hardware problem, but the problem started when i tryed to install a linux distro and had to format my ssd (i dont see a problem with that but thats when all of the sudden the problems started, also had to reset bios because it wouldnt start anymore). also the fact that the pc runs just fine after a few restart without any problem makes me unsure if this problem is hardware related.
if anyone has any idea i would be very happy to test it out since im out of ideas myself :/

also here is my newest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amem5tX5GgBEtgWF5uPDcuKRJipP?e=j1U7ri

Solution
Hi

Future information
When installing an ssd do not change settings in the bios this will cause boot issues. I had an issue with normal hdd and the gpt partition in my new build. I do not use as yet sdd drives. I asume they are still formated with the gpt partition. If thats the case you need to reset the that partition.

Since your issues before the bios changes I would test the drives for errors and test your ram.

I am not sure if this fix applies to ssd drives but this is how I reinstalled win10 follow the cmd line steps only if this applies to ssds.

https://www.diskpart.com/diskpart/convert-gpt-4125.html

I been using CrystalDiskIfnfo for years. Its easy to read diagnosis and you can see any problem areas of the disk...

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi

Future information
When installing an ssd do not change settings in the bios this will cause boot issues. I had an issue with normal hdd and the gpt partition in my new build. I do not use as yet sdd drives. I asume they are still formated with the gpt partition. If thats the case you need to reset the that partition.

Since your issues before the bios changes I would test the drives for errors and test your ram.

I am not sure if this fix applies to ssd drives but this is how I reinstalled win10 follow the cmd line steps only if this applies to ssds.

https://www.diskpart.com/diskpart/convert-gpt-4125.html

I been using CrystalDiskIfnfo for years. Its easy to read diagnosis and you can see any problem areas of the disk green good yellow caution, red replace drive.

For Ram testing there is how

Last edited:
Solution