Question All kinds of games are crashing on my system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CatPlayer

Commendable
May 12, 2016
ok be around .
Ok so it has been quite sometime since I was here.

After extensive testing the breaking point seems to be with the GPU Driver and something in my hardware.

After I went and got the latest GPU driver the CTDs started becoming common place again. At this point I rolled back to the older driver I mentioned previously and it ran flawlessly, however, it had been quite a lot of time since that driver had released and the newer ones made much better use of my GPUs capabilities so I decided to search up some driver versions, at some point I decided to go with last driver before Andrenalin 19.0 which would be Adrenalin 18.9.3, I installed it about 3-4 days ago and ever since then I haven't had a single crash on Forza or any other game, while having much better performance than Relive 17.1.1.

This must be something recent that came up between my (mobo/cpu/ram) that is having compatibility issues with the newer version of Adrenalin, so I guess I won't update my drivers in a while and see if the newer version does better in a couple months. This is pure speculation because I honestly do not know which specific part of my system is causing these CTDs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS