Question All lights and fans turn on but won't post or boot

Sep 25, 2022
I've got a rog strix b450f gaming II and I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to post

When I have my graphics card plugged in, the vga light is on, all my fans and lights turn on, my keyboard won't turn on and there is no boot screen or beeps (in the manual it talks about beep sounds not sure if I need an external beeper or not)

My cpu doesn't have integrated graphics and I can't get my monitor to turn on when plugged directly into the motherboard's HDMI or displayport either

I'm not new to computers and I've built a few but no matter what I do nothing works, the only progress I've made is when unplugging the reset pins on the motherboard the the keyboard will turn on but only when the gpu isnt inserted

What I've tried:
Made sure all components are compatible
resetting the cmos
Replacing the motherboard battery
Different graphics cards in different slots
Cleaning and moving around the ram
Different monitors with different cables
Checked all power connections to mobo
Cleaned all components
Checked to see what others have done to fix
Checked to see if all peripherals work beforehand

I'm afraid my mobo is DOA but I'm asking here as a last resort before sending it back for a replacement

Sep 25, 2022
What are the specs for this system? Need the make and model of all installed components.

Ryzen 5 5600x 3rd gen
Nvidia Quadro 4000/GeForce GTX 660
Thermaltake 750w 80+gold
Crucial m.2 500g
rog strix b450f gaming II

I forgot to mention but this system doesn't have windows on it or anything I've never been able to boot it

Ryzen 5 5600x 3rd gen
Thermaltake 750w 80+gold
Crucial m.2 500g

I forgot to mention but this system doesn't have windows on it or anything I've never been able to boot it
Just how did you "Made sure all components are compatible???
What about BIOS version ? 400 series MBs didn't naturally come with compatible BIOS at time of inception.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Ryzen 5 5600x 3rd gen
Thermaltake 750w 80+gold
Crucial m.2 500g

You very likely need to update the motherboard BIOS before it will work with your CPU.

Also, I assume you are using a single, possibly modified, GPU. Is that correct?

Sep 25, 2022
You very likely need to update the motherboard BIOS before it will work with your CPU.

Also, I assume you are using a single, possibly modified, GPU. Is that correct?

Thanks for the reply, I definitely missed that and my orig post was wrong

Also I mentioned using multiple GPUs in every slot. I was checking if my GPU was the issue

I flashed the bios and the light flashed until it stopped and the light never once turned solid at the end meaning it was successful, I haven't had much time to test after that but it didn't immediately boot or give me any signal. I'll test more when I get home