[SOLVED] All Memory not being recognized

Jul 9, 2020
So I got a new Graphics card (1660TI) and now all of my ram isn’t getting recognized. I have a 8 gb stick that I took from my old computer and a 4gb. I also have a 450 W PSU and a AMD FX 8350 processor so I’m not sure whether the issue is from the PSU not being enough or the mixed ram being the issue

Solution
So I got a new Graphics card (1660TI) and now all of my ram isn’t getting recognized. I have a 8 gb stick that I took from my old computer and a 4gb. I also have a 450 W PSU and a AMD FX 8350 processor so I’m not sure whether the issue is from the PSU not being enough or the mixed ram being the issue
Mixed RAM most probably. If they are different speeds, try slower one in primary RAM slot. You can also try to move them around until properly recognized. Make sure you reset CMOS between the changes.
Mixed RAM most probably. If they are different speeds, try slower one in primary RAM slot. You can also try to move them around until properly recognized. Make sure you reset CMOS between the changes.

Solution
How do you reset the cmos? Do you so that in the bios?
Don't know your exact MB but most had several ways to do it.
One is finding posts with CLR_CMOS, on some you just need to short two posts and on some to move connector to other two posts for few seconds.
Some MBs have button on MB also labeled CLR_CMOS.
Pressing F5 button while in BIOS
Removing coin battery for few seconds or minutes.
For all of those methods common start is to turn power right off either by switch at PSU or by unplugging it from the wall, press Start button for few seconds to unload capacitors. After resetting CMOS you'll most probably have to change date and time and probably disk BOOT order.

TRENDING THREADS