Question All microphone inputs other than bluetooth stopped working ?

IamAfro

Honorable
Jan 18, 2016
The issue started completely randomly a while ago after having 0 issues for at least a year. The headset plays audio, but the mic picks up nothing at all. Even the built in mic on the laptop doesn't work. I managed to fix the problem by resetting all my settings but the issue has now returned and I'd rather not have to reset again.
Thanks in advance :).

Razer blade 15
i7-8750H
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
Windows 10

Steelseries arctis 1 wired

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include headset and mics: make, model, connectivity, etc...

Start by right clicking the small speaker icon usually located int the lower right display corner. The right click will open up a 5 item menu window with choices that lead to all sorts of audio related window, tabs, and properties. Check that all are configured as expected and necessary. Do not make any immediate changes. Explore first, then make what appears to be a specific and applicable change. For, example, input set for a nonexistent mic.

Change only one thing at a time and make notes on what you changed (from, to) and where you made the change.

If a change works be sure that you "Save", "Ok", or "Yes" that change in some manner to ensure that the change is permanent.

= = = =

Have you tried downloading the applicable audio device drivers via the manufacturer's websites? Reinstall and reconfigure.

Run the Windows 10 built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

D

Deleted member 14196

i wonder if your drivers got updated to something funky. Do everything the Moderator has asked, then if that doesn't work, try getting the original sound driver that came with the laptop and install that version.