All MSI Afterburner options are greyed out! Please help me!

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all,

I have been using MSI Afterburner for a lot of time,and overclocked my GPU through it ,but today perhaps after updating the Nvidia Video Driver to the latest version 388.13,after restarting the PC the MSI Afterburner's options are all greyed out!

I reinstalled the MSI Afterburner twice,uninstalled the video drivers via DDU ,and reinstalled them too,and then installed the MSI Afterburner again,and it worked only after the fresh installation!

After the first shutdown or restart,the MSI Afterburner's options are greyed out again!

p.s My OS is Win 10 x64 bit

Please help me!
Thanks in advance!
Best regards!

Solution
do you remember what version of driver you had before ? I would rollback driver if its not ancient. You should check official nvidia forum or MSI I bet in a day or two someone more reliable will find a solution.

also when you install driver check advanced and check "FRESH INSTALL". This might be some old setting crashing the afterburner and as it cannot connect to daemon it is grayed out, but it's far shot.
do you remember what version of driver you had before ? I would rollback driver if its not ancient. You should check official nvidia forum or MSI I bet in a day or two someone more reliable will find a solution.

also when you install driver check advanced and check "FRESH INSTALL". This might be some old setting crashing the afterburner and as it cannot connect to daemon it is grayed out, but it's far shot.

Solution