[SOLVED] All my friends can ping me, but there is a specific one that cannot.

Jul 12, 2020
Some time ago I tried hosting a server with port forwarding and all worked fine, but one of my friends could not join at all, I asked him to ping me with the command prompt and all he got was 100% packet loss, I tried pinging him too and got the same thing. The strange thing is that he can ping a specific friend but he could not ping me. We even tried hamachi and all we got was the rellayed tunnel problem. Do you guys have any idea what could it be??

kanewolf

Titan
Some time ago I tried hosting a server with port forwarding and all worked fine, but one of my friends could not join at all, I asked him to ping me with the command prompt and all he got was 100% packet loss, I tried pinging him too and got the same thing. The strange thing is that he can ping a specific friend but he could not ping me. We even tried hamachi and all we got was the rellayed tunnel problem. Do you guys have any idea what could it be??
Do the two of you share the same ISP? Maybe even similar public IP address? Some ISPs put blocking rules in for traffic between IP addresses they control.

Reactions: lembo