Question All my games keep crashing within 2 minutes of playing them

ChicknBone

Honorable
Apr 10, 2016
Since yesterday all my games crash within a few minutes of playing them. So far Ive tried Overwatch, Forza Horizon 4 and Apex Legends. Apex Legends mostly crashes as soon as the game opens. The performance in games is fine while it works but then the games will just crash out of nowhere. Browsing the internet is mostly fine except for one time when my whole pc crashed shortly after one of my games did. I built this pc about 5 months ago and had not dusted it since, so today I gave it a good cleaning but that didnt solve my problem. I move my pc between my two homes pretty often so I thought that that might have caused a loose connection somewhere. So while I was dusting my pc i checked all the connections but they seemed fine.

Here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI GTX 1070ti
Gigabyte aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard
G.skill Ripjaw V series 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Samsung 500gb SSD
EVGA 650 BQ (80+bronze) power supply

The only "overclocking" Ive done is I went into the bios and made my ram run at the 3200 mhz profile.

Does anyone know what the issue might be here? Im thinking that one of my components is bad. Probably (and hopefully) its my power supply. If it is a hardware problem, I could use some suggestions on how to go about determining which component is bad. I cant afford to buy all new components until the problem is fixed.

Thank you so much! :)

bwallx

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2014
Sometimes Event Viewer can give a clue but it is hard to understand I find. Give it a go. Right click the Start button and select Event viewer and open Custom Views then Admin Events.

ChicknBone

Honorable
Apr 10, 2016
Sometimes Event Viewer can give a clue but it is hard to understand I find. Give it a go. Right click the Start button and select Event viewer and open Custom Views then Admin Events.

Thanks for the advice! I tried getting apex legends to crash so that i could then check what happened in the event viewer. When the game opened my whole pc crashed and i got and BSOD with error code:"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Once I rebooted, i checked the event viewer and there was a critical event detailed as "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I then tried Forza Horizon 4 in hopes that only the game would crash and not my pc. As I hoped, only the game crashed. I checked the event viewer and the associated error was an "application error" (Event ID: 1000) described as:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb6124f
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb6124f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000030636e0
Faulting process id: 0x2544
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f95edce2d036
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.287.500.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.287.500.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 6463b700-10a1-48e0-a06d-f552a90897c8
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.287.500.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

I really dont understand any of this enough to draw relevant conclusions from it.
If you can make something of it please let me know. If not I think I will start looking for a computer repair store :(