All my PC-specs are performing way below expectations!

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
I recently took a pc benchmark test for my prebiult gaming pc because of low fps in games, and i got some shocking results! All my specs were performing way below expectations! How do i fix this? HELP ME FAST! These were the results: UserBenchmarks: Game 73%, Desk 60%, Work 45%
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 - 81%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 81.2%
SSD: Samsung MZVLW128HEGR-000H1 128GB - 155.5%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 105.9%
RAM: Hynix HMA81GU6MFR8N-UH 1x8GB - 34.9%
MBD: HP OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Here is a link to the benchmark test if u want to look closer: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11581932. Thx!

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
ok so i took the test again with only the benchmark test running. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11582962. yeah i can delete some games i think.

I have 91 background programs running right now sais the task manager.

Deleting games won't help. They aren't running so they just take hdd/ssd space. Background processes is fine and cpu usage wasn't high. Your gpu might be the issue but the benchmark is too simple to say much of anything. What's the temps when gaming?

USAFRet

Titan
Another issue is the idiot way userbenchmark presents the results

Your GPU:
yoVSP06.png

So which is it? "88.6% Excellent"
or "9th percentile - Way below"

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
hmm. not sure about Which one of those is the right. But i feel like this pc could be better than it performs. (Low fps etc.) <how do i check the temp on gpu and cpu? and what do you mean by cpu usage wasnt high? Its at 100% All the time when i play fortnite??

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
ok i took the test and got the results. I have no clue if the results are good or bad.
DMark Score: 5292
Graphics Score: 5476
CPU Score: 4449
Graphics Test 1. 35.67 fps
Graphics Test 2. 31.42 fps
CPU Test 14.95 fps
30 fps is pretty low though.. Thoughts?
The link to the score and much more info: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29616089.

According to this result, you are performing a little below normal for your system specs.

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018

And how do i fix this? There must be something i can do:( factory reset? I have done that one time before but nothing changed

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
Look at the right side and ignore the other part. It tells me my Samsung ssd performs bad and on the right in killing it same for my memory. Also use the bar below the left % which is your performance vs others with the same hardware.

Go task manager and tab over to the right to startup and sort by highest impact to low then disable all of them unless you know for sure it's something you want to load on startup. I have tons of games and software, but only like a few things I have allowed to load on boot like that.

If you constantly use it then it's worth it. Like I always use discord, but I don't want it to auto open on boot. I might not open it for an hour after turning pc on and how long does it take to click it and wait 2 seconds for it to open.

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
ok, i checked whats auto opening on boot, and there were just one app i didnt use. But on nvidia control panel, am i gonna put the performance and all that on global settings or programsettings?

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
Because you have 20 tabs open. Also if you want accurate benchmark disable all of the programs from starting up and then undo this if you want them all to auto load..

You might only not use 1 program, but if 30 more are opening it's can still affect it..

You can use hwmonitor to get temps. You want to know temps while gaming and it'll keep track of max temps. It may show cpu and gpu speeds so you can see if they are getting up to speed. It may also show usage.

Background and startup apps isn't the issue when usages were low.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
I like afterburner to monitor everything at once cpu and gpu temps, clock speed, usage % , everything is tracked except cpu fan speed

Didn't know that about chromes extensions that's interesting, I don't use any. If I open it my old tab all open back up and task manager shows it a bunch