[SOLVED] All my peripherals stop working randomly

Agustin_2

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Hi! thanks for reading.

The most recurrent issue is the mouse, it sorts of reconnects really fast, around the second. the most noticeable thing is the sound of it reconnecting, but eventually, all my peripherals disconnect, my keyboard wont do anything, even give me a light when i press the caps lock. my sound (bluetooth usb or usb speakers) won't play any sound, i won't be able to move my mouse, even tough it's light is still on, my wacom tablet turns off, etc. sometimes all the usbs will work again around the minute. sometimes i just turn off my pc by pressing the case turn off button, it isn't a crash, but i can't interact with the pc. I just tried reseting my pc on windows recovery options to see it that helps with the problem, reinstalled drivers and stuff and yet, no luck. I've also already deactivated the usb ports ability to turn off themeselves on the device manager and also already deactivated usb selective suspending on my power management, but still nothing.

here's my speccy url http://speccy.piriform.com/results/b6n8mCj4DmmKUzW1c1W3fm3

my psu is a corsair RM1000x, so i'm not really sure if the problem is in the power side, since i guess i have plenty left. thanks for the help!

Solution
Critical errors.

Take a look at the "technical details". May or may not be helpful but worth a look just in case.

Indeed, as suggested, verify that you have the both correct and up-to-date drivers.

Manually download via the applicable manufacturer's website (e.g., GPU/AMD as mentioned). Reinstall and reconfigure.

Another thing you should do (get help if necessary):

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, cables, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly in place. Gently wiggle and rock down as necessary until seated.

Look for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, kinked or pinched cables, bent components, etc..

Could be something just working...

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing work, even bit-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events associated with the random stoppages.

Desktop system - correct? New build? Brand name PC - make & model?

From Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Computer type: Tablet
Installation Date: 28/02/2021 21:42:31

Reactions: Agustin_2

Agustin_2

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
How old is that PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing work, even bit-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events associated with the random stoppages.

Desktop system - correct? New build? Brand name PC - make & model?

From Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Computer type: Tablet
Installation Date: 28/02/2021 21:42:31

Hi! the psu has less than a year of use, the whole pc actually. must be around 9 months. I do play games and also do 3d modelling wich sometimes can get a bit heavy on the cpu/gpu.

Yup i do have a desktop, i don't really knwo why speccy says it is a tablet. the pc doesn't have a brand, i got it built. by the whole speccy thing, do you mean you're not getting the specs? it does work for me, but let me know pls! here they are, just in case.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16gbr ram, team t force delta rgb 3200
mobo is PRIME B450M-A (AM4)
my gpu is a sapphire pulse rx 5700xt
931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA )
465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0 (wd blue m.2)

here's a screenshot from reliability history:
View: https://imgur.com/a/AzpVSav

and i opened the windows one, the bolded one. View: https://imgur.com/1BXrz7s

and here are the event viewer latest events, please let me know if you need me to go into further detail into any of these pictures i sent you.

View: https://imgur.com/i6MJApO\

thanks for your time!

Agustin_2

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
I know this might sound strange but GPU driver issues can give a 144 error result, download the newest driver directly from Amd and get back to see if it helped.

So even when i uninstalled the drivers i got the whole mouse thing, i don't know if this matters a lot but i don't use the most recent radeon driversm i use the radeon pro which are a tad older but supposedly should be more stable (i would use the newer ones, but some software i use won't work properly without it) right i now i plugged another mouse and it isn't disconnecting, which leads me to believe maybe the mouse is faulty, even tough, i was wondering, is it possible that just because of one faulty peripheral all my usb devices freeze like they did? it does makes me wonder if there's another problem beside just the mouse.

thanks for your time!

Ralston18

Titan
Critical errors.

Take a look at the "technical details". May or may not be helpful but worth a look just in case.

Indeed, as suggested, verify that you have the both correct and up-to-date drivers.

Manually download via the applicable manufacturer's website (e.g., GPU/AMD as mentioned). Reinstall and reconfigure.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, cables, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly in place. Gently wiggle and rock down as necessary until seated.

Look for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, kinked or pinched cables, bent components, etc..

Could be something just working loose....

Solution

Agustin_2

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Critical errors.

Could be something just working loose....
Thanks for the help friend! i think the mouse thing was messing everything up, but i think i solved it. really appreciate all of your help guys, thank you