Question All my USB's lose power occasionally

Feb 28, 2019
it seems to be whenever i play a game, but i recently installed a new motherboard and cpu (it was my first time doing so with brand new products) ill be playing games and i lose power to every single usb, including the case ones, any ideas on what could be doing it, ive checked the event viewer and the only events that happen at the same time seem to be error ID: 1001 and error ID:7040. it may be possible i have a faulty motherboard, but would obviously like to try to work out if it is or not, any help would be greatly apprciated!

It could be a bad USB device overloading the USB power bus. Or too many USB devices overloading the power bus. Can you swap each USB device one at a time with a spare to find out if the problem goes away? Or start with pulling out non-essential USB devices one at a time. Obv you need at least a keyboard and mouse.

Feb 28, 2019
i will try this next, i cant force the issue it tends to happen when it feels like, do you think i should unplug my aux cable too or just the usb's?

Feb 28, 2019
okay so i tried with an entirely different headset, and unplugged everything else, so it was only, mouse, keyboard, and a headset i know for certain isnt broken, and i still get the same results, any suggestions from this point would be great