Apr 4, 2020
I have a Razer Blade 2018 Advanced Model and decided to buy Overwatch recently so that I could play with a friend. I recently got a new job and so haven't had time to play for about 2 months. When my state decided to go into quarantine because of the Coronavirus I decided to play Overwatch again and had recently bought Rainbow Six Seige, and downloaded COD: Warzone. They are both installed on a portable hard drive but Overwatch is installed directly on my machine. I tried to boot up Overwatch again but all of a sudden it's running at 10 fps. I booted up Warzone and it took a whole 5 mins to get past the intro with the company logos. Also, Discord started running a little sluggish. I had to bounce between turning off Hardware Acceleration to get it to not run as sluggish. Now it seems to be working fine for the most part with it off. It looks like any game I decide to play starts to run incredibly slow. However casual browsing and coding have been smooth.

I updated my graphics driver through GeForce Experience and through Device Manager, I reinstalled it through GeForce Experience as well but the problem still persisted. I changed a couple of things under Advanced Power settings but still nothing. I've turned off and on Battery Boost but that didn't help either. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and under 3D settings, set my Preferred Graphics Processor to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and under Program Settings set Overwatch to use the "High-performance NVIDIA processor" but that didn't help either.

I am at a loss and hoping someone could help me figure out what's going on with my laptop.

I have a GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q, Intel i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz, 16 GB RAM

Solution
Download intel xtu, run stress test for 5minutes for the CPU, look if it complains about thermal throttling.
If yes open advanced tab in same program and undervolt "cpu core voltage" to -100mv (millivolts), then apply and run the stress test again.
Download intel xtu, run stress test for 5minutes for the CPU, look if it complains about thermal throttling.
If yes open advanced tab in same program and undervolt "cpu core voltage" to -100mv (millivolts), then apply and run the stress test again.

Solution